Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

MEMBER: Club accounting

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
cwreid

Joined Date: 2011-07-04, 22:21

Post Post subject MEMBER: Club accounting   Posted 07 Jul 11, 09:49    Reply with quote

Hey Bro,
Just getting use to your program and i think it is awesome. I am now treasurer of my club and i think a simple accounting module would simplify things a great deal. Tracking payments of local and International dues, club and events income/expenses etc.

What do you think?

Kindest regards

Clifton

With kind regards

Clifton Reid, CTM

KaiS

Developer

Joined Date: 2008-09-06, 21:21

Post Post subject Re: Club accounting   Posted 07 Jul 11, 17:15    Reply with quote

Rather than adding finance info into Easy-Speak, I highly recommend to keep this off Easy-Speak and somewhere else.
I agree having it on a shared website is great, yet I suggest something a little more secure (HTTPS, no auto-signup) and more backup/export friendly.

What works well for me (2 years Treasurer) is Google Docs, where I have a spreadsheet for payments (shared read-only with the committee), another for the list of renewals (shared with edit rights for VP Membership). We also have a document for the budget, describing the items that the Treasurer will reimburse as our club standard.

The renewal document I'd usually start from the TMi website's roster export.

For regular offline backups, I simply copy the online version into a local file that I name with the date in it ...

Good luck & have fun.
Kai

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Club accounting   Posted 08 Jul 11, 00:59    Reply with quote

We will probably add, in the software release after next, a simple system for the Treasurer to tick a list of the members who have paid and send prompting e-mail to the others.... Very Happy

A full accounting system - no - better to keep the information elsewhere or buy a small accounting package if your club is big enough to warrant that

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

PaulO

Developer

Joined Date: 2009-07-20, 21:22

Post Post subject Re: MEMBER: Club accounting   Posted 27 Dec 11, 17:11    Reply with quote

"Paid Until" field added in the latest release for the treasurer to make visible and keep track of this info. 

Where Leaders Are Made
Phone: +1 425-605-7707
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
Page 1 of 1

Jump to