Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

easy-Speak Training

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

[CLOSED] Role won't reassign

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
SamiaR

Joined Date: 2010-12-20, 06:03

Post Post subject [CLOSED] Role won't reassign   Posted 20 Jul 11, 07:37    Reply with quote

On this week's meeting, our hot seat speaker became the speaker. I click on the red X to take the member off of hot seat speaker. However, it doesn’t clear the slot. I can’t get the member name to be taken off of this role.

I clicked on the arrow, to transfer her to 2nd hot seat speaker, and I get this message:

Whoops!
We're sorry, but we've encountered a problem with your request!
Please check the URL and try again...

Help! Thanks!

Samia Reed
Voice Masters

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Role won't reassign   Posted 20 Jul 11, 21:04    Reply with quote

The problem was that, at some point you had changed the meeting role 'Speaker Hot Seat' to say that it repeated.
You then added a '2nd Speaker Hot Seat' but made no change to the original one - so it sat there as 'repeat zero' and needed to be '1st Speaker Hot Seat'.
The invalid set of data broke some stuff.
I've deleted the unwanted 1st (i.e #0) Hot Seat and changed the agenda for this week so that it now has Hot Seat #1 and #2.

You will need to:
Save that meeting agenda to replace the template so it's correct for the future and
Edit the agenda for all future meetings so that the first Hot Seat is #1 and not #0

BTW - there are errors in the setup of your meeting roles:

The Roaster & The Responder - are not making formal presentations from TM workbooks that count for the Communications Track?
They should not be marked as 'Speaker' or 'Evaluator' - if they are informal roles not recognised by TI for either the Communications or Leadership Track.
This needs urgent attention - if the roles ARE formal speeches they should be shown as reporting to TI as 'Speaker'
If they are NOT formal speeches from a manual they should not be marked as 'Speaker' for easy-Speak

You also have marked too many roles that you want to show on the roles chart.
Only the first ten will be displayed

I've also moved this topic to the 'Problem reports' forum

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

PaulO

Developer

Joined Date: 2009-07-20, 21:22

Post Post subject Re: [CLOSED] Role won't reassign   Posted 24 Jul 11, 07:35    Reply with quote

Roaster and Responder were set up (by me ! Smile ) as speaking roles -Special Occasion manual for another club. I'm sure Samia doesn't need them...
Where Leaders Are Made
Phone: +1 425-605-7707
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
Page 1 of 1

Jump to