Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

easy-Speak Training

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

[CLOSED] Is it possible to completely remove a user ?

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
georgek

Joined Date: 2010-02-04, 22:32

Post Post subject [CLOSED] Is it possible to completely remove a user ?   Posted 23 Jun 11, 19:48    Reply with quote

Hello Forum,

I started to set up ezspeak for my club

Unfortunately I've uploaded all club members with their names in lower case

I wanted to fix csv and upload it again but couldn't find how to remove all these newly created users from the system!

Is it possible at all? If not then how to change user names ( of course besides logging in as each and every user 30 times and changing his/her name :| )

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Is it possible to completely remove a user ?   Posted 23 Jun 11, 20:39    Reply with quote

No easy way to delete a list of users George - and I can't even do that by editing the raw database since the user and club information is contained in half a dozen tables and it would be very messy!

The good news is that you may edit most information for your club members - just go to the userlist and click on the edit icon next to a name.

georgek

Joined Date: 2010-02-04, 22:32

Post Post subject Re: Is it possible to completely remove a user ?   Posted 23 Jun 11, 21:08    Reply with quote

Thanks Malcolm, anyways 8(

Brewskii

Joined Date: 2011-07-11, 01:07

Post Post subject Re: Is it possible to completely remove a user ?   Posted 20 Jul 11, 08:21    Reply with quote

How about delete one user?

I set up one member, only to find out he joined EasySpeak independent of my upload. Now I want to delete his "uploaded" profile and have him use the one he set up?

karen

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2007-07-11, 09:54

Post Post subject Re: Is it possible to completely remove a user ?   Posted 20 Jul 11, 14:02    Reply with quote

Sure, no problem. You may log in as that guy as you know the newly created "Username" and "Password" for him. Then change it to someone else (e.g. a guest / visitor). All users can edit their own profile with ease.

Sometimes we need to create a new User in the system because he or she will come to our Club as a General Evaluator, Workshop conductor.... etc. In this case some Clubs may use a dummy account like "Reserved_or_Guest" instead of creating a new account for this temporary role player.

In my Club, we also use a dummy account for various purposes.
e.g. We hope to encourage our members to book a speech by him/herself. Usually we use a dummy account to reserve the speaking slot for him/her and we will swop the reserved slot to his/her name once he/she has made the booking.

Therefore you may also create a dummy account for various purpose. You don't need to add any email address to this dummy account.

Thanks and cheers,
Karen

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileTwitter Account 
malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Is it possible to completely remove a user ?   Posted 20 Jul 11, 16:59    Reply with quote

Quote:
I set up one member, only to find out he joined EasySpeak independent of my upload. Now I want to delete his "uploaded" profile and have him use the one he set up?

This happens quite a bit.
The risk is that both sets of user data contain information that should be retained (attended another club, maybe was a member of another club and made speeches there..... etc)
If you e-mail the name to me I have a utility that takes the two sets of user data and merges them together retaining a complete history for the person

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to