Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Did you know that the old logo is still on the agenda

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
VickiSimpson

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2007-07-09, 21:48

Post Post subject Did you know that the old logo is still on the agenda   Posted 19 Aug 11, 15:54    Reply with quote

Both logos are on the agenda.  I didn't know if you meant it to be that way

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Did you know that the old logo is still on the agenda   Posted 19 Aug 11, 16:24    Reply with quote

Missed that one....

A club with its own logo would see that on the left side and the TI logo on the right.
I've just updated the default logo used on the left to be the new TI one.
(You may have to refresh the cache with +F5 to get the new image)

Thanks for pointing it out Vicki

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

fielding

Contributor

Joined Date: 2006-07-20, 19:44

Post Post subject Re: Did you know that the old logo is still on the agenda   Posted 22 Aug 11, 04:37    Reply with quote

I notice that I had uploaded the old Toastmasters logo as the club logo for my club. Now I would like to "unupload" it so I can take advantage of the default logo that you mention. I went to the club control panel and only see the option of uploading a new logo.

Would it be easy to add an option to delete the current logo, or should I do the work around of saving the new logo and then uploading it?

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Did you know that the old logo is still on the agenda   Posted 22 Aug 11, 11:17    Reply with quote

Part of the challenge of working with an organisation which did not communicate anything useful about the new branding until there was less than a week to go is that there will be some loose ends to sort out.

I've just added a Club Control Panel option to allow the Club to control this - The choices are None | Print Only | Screen only | Both -  and the default is set to print only.

I will offer advice in an e-mail soon that, if a logo is to display on the screen (for corporate sponsor requirements or whatever) it must have a transparent background so that it can float over the colours of the page banner without looking just awful!

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Did you know that the old logo is still on the agenda   Posted 22 Aug 11, 11:28    Reply with quote

A postscript for Bobby....

I'm now running a scan to look for 'Club' logo which are in fact the old TI logo and I will delete them later this morning.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

fielding

Contributor

Post Post subject Re: Did you know that the old logo is still on the agenda   Posted 22 Aug 11, 14:18    Reply with quote

Hmm. I see the default logo is the "Easy Speak" logo. I was mistaken thinking that both logos would be the new TI logo.

Easy-Speak is mentioned fairly often during our meetings, when we ask people to volunteer for roles, etc. So much so that a few members mix up our club name "Quality Speakers" and instead call it "Easy Speakers". So I guess I will save the new TI logo on my computer and upload it as the club logo, like I did before.

fielding

Contributor

Post Post subject Re: Did you know that the old logo is still on the agenda   Posted 23 Aug 11, 02:12    Reply with quote

I uploaded the logo (logo_TMI_small-1.gif) as the club logo and it looks fine on the Agenda, however, it does look awful on the top banner of the web site. How did you get it to look like this:

as opposed to this:

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Did you know that the old logo is still on the agenda   Posted 23 Aug 11, 10:18    Reply with quote

Sheer magic Cry

TI did not make it easy for anyone and only supplied the logo on a white background.
I had the graphics designer on the team rework that to a transparent background which is what you see on the site banner.
Every other webmaster around the world will need to do the same Frown

However, it wasn't the intention to show the easy-Speak logo on the printed agenda if the club didn't have a logo of its own - that just crept through with all the convoluted logic of which clubs have banners and logos and keeping all the new stuff hidden until after the convention.

I've changed that now and the TI logo will print on both sides of an agenda if the club do not have their own logo.
(I've also set your club not to use the club logo so you won't get the old one displaying)

When we get some time we'll look at using the banner on the printed agenda - but that will need to be a club option for selecting the agenda format, possibly with a choice of black/white or colour too.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

fielding

Contributor

Post Post subject Re: Did you know that the old logo is still on the agenda   Posted 28 Aug 11, 18:03    Reply with quote

I now see the two TI logos on the agenda. Thanks. However, they are of different size. I think the smaller one is preferable.

Perhaps you could offer the one with the transparent background to the people at TI so they could put it on their logo resource page for others. At least it would notify them of this problem.

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
Page 1 of 1

Jump to