Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

easy-Speak Training

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Not paragraph by paragraph with the NEW email format?!

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
karen

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2007-07-11, 09:54

Post Post subject Not paragraph by paragraph with the NEW email format?!   Posted 29 Dec 11, 04:33    Reply with quote

Do you have similar problems? This is a sample of our FIRST Emaiil.

I would like it paragraph by paragraph, NOT in this presentation.  

Thanks and cheers,

Karen

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileTwitter Account 
karen

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: Not paragraph by paragraph with the NEW email format?!   Posted 05 Jan 12, 17:27    Reply with quote

Hi! Malcolm, Having trouble with emails sent from iPhone via the system. I noticed that the message had been laid out in whole BLOCK instead of paragraph by paragraph. Will send you a snapshot captured from iPhone. Any solutions? Thanks and cheers, Karen

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileTwitter Account 
malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Not paragraph by paragraph with the NEW email format?!   Posted 05 Jan 12, 22:41    Reply with quote

I have a vague recollection that Apple don't use the same standard as everyone else for the way that new lines are recorded in a stream of data.

It would certainly give this effect if that issue was reflected in data sent from an iPhone.

The only suggestion I have is to Google around and see if there is a setting or option somewhere that you could change

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

karen

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: Not paragraph by paragraph with the NEW email format?!   Posted 06 Jan 12, 02:18    Reply with quote

Malcolm, Thanks, will check it out for iPhone. But it also happened when I used a stand-alone computer to send "Email 1" or "Email 3". The 1st post of this thread, also a screen shot captured, illustrated this problem. What can I do to avoid it? e.g. Happy New Year --- 1st paragraph The world is changing and so are we --- another paragraph

PaulO

Developer

Joined Date: 2009-07-20, 21:22

Post Post subject Re: Not paragraph by paragraph with the NEW email format?!   Posted 06 Jan 12, 04:36    Reply with quote

[enter] twice ?

Where Leaders Are Made
Phone: +1 425-605-7707
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Not paragraph by paragraph with the NEW email format?!   Posted 06 Jan 12, 09:33    Reply with quote

@Karen

But it also happened when I used a stand-alone computer to send "Email 1" or "Email 3" 

Was that a cut-and-paste from the PC?
What kind of file was it? - try using the 'Paste from Word' or 'Paste Text' buttons shown on the first button-bar .

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

karen

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: Not paragraph by paragraph with the NEW email format?!   Posted 06 Jan 12, 11:45    Reply with quote

@Malcolm,

It seems that if I paste from Word, the formatting can be kept.  If I simply type into the email message text box, the formatting will disappear.

Guess you have got my sample emails and know the difference.  Don't know if others suffer the same.  Before the new release, it seemed that it would not happen in this way.

Thanks and cheers,

Karen

P.S. It seems that it won't happen if I type the message into the text box of the discussion forum directly.

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
Page 1 of 1

Jump to