Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Chairman or Toastmaster as meeting manager

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
khdon

Joined Date: 2010-06-05, 19:36

Post Post subject Chairman or Toastmaster as meeting manager   Posted 16 Jan 12, 05:19    Reply with quote

I would appreciate a spot on the club setup area to select the Chairman as the normal meeting manager, not the Toastmaster.

I realize that you can select the chairman manually as the meeting manager, but you have to do this for every meeting.

bdaniel

Contributor

Joined Date: 2007-07-20, 16:59

Post Post subject Re: Chairman or Toastmaster as meeting manager   Posted 16 Jan 12, 08:43    Reply with quote

In the club control panel, edit the meeting roles. Select chairman, and inside that role, set the TI role to Toastmaster. I believe that will accomplish what you want. (I'm not 100% sure -- my old club did this, but my current club doesn't.) You'll want to disable the same setting for the Toastmaster role, though, I think.

I'd appreciate if someone could confirm what I've said here.

Modi'in Toastmasters

posb

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2011-01-18, 21:15

Post Post subject Re: Chairman or Toastmaster as meeting manager   Posted 16 Jan 12, 09:05    Reply with quote

Sounds right. The Meetings page will show the Chairman as Toastmaster though, not the Toastmaster - as that is also driven off that field, so this isn't a perfect workaround - but it will probably solve your immediate problem...  

khdon

Post Post subject Re: Chairman or Toastmaster as meeting manager   Posted 17 Jan 12, 07:46    Reply with quote

Hello Paul,

Its probably more correct for our club if I  enter the chairman as the Meeting manager each week until the program has a default selection for toasmaster or chairman.

Thanks,

Ken

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Chairman or Toastmaster as meeting manager   Posted 17 Jan 12, 08:45    Reply with quote

As long as you don't have meetings with both a Toastmaster AND a Chairman everything needed for this is already in place.

There is a setting in your Club Control Panel that will make the Toastmaster automatically the Meeting Manager for each meeting.
That will happen whenever someone is assigned to the role that is set up in your Club as recognised by TI as 'Toastmaster.

If you simply rename your 'Toastmaster' role to 'Chairman' the job is done.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

khdon

Post Post subject Re: Chairman or Toastmaster as meeting manager   Posted 17 Jan 12, 16:52    Reply with quote

That is the problem that we have; a Chairman in control of the whole meeting and a Toastmaster in charge of the prepared speeches part. This is a fairly common meeting structure in this part of the Toastmaster world.

shakapuppy

Joined Date: 2011-06-23, 07:08

Post Post subject Re: Chairman or Toastmaster as meeting manager   Posted 25 Jan 12, 20:40    Reply with quote

We also have the situation for our Speech Contests, where we will have both a Chairman and a Toastmaster and both need to have the ability to adjust the agenda.

PaulO

Developer

Joined Date: 2009-07-20, 21:22

Post Post subject Re: Chairman or Toastmaster as meeting manager   Posted 25 Jan 12, 23:31    Reply with quote

A workaround for that would be to create an Officer Role of "Contest Chair", and give that role edit rights to the agenda - it will mean that that person can edit any agenda (not jsut the contest) but it would probably solve your problem.

Where Leaders Are Made
Phone: +1 425-605-7707
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
Page 1 of 1

Jump to