Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

easy-Speak Training

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

New user - how does one get password?

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Janice1

Joined Date: 2012-02-28, 23:13

Post Post subject New user - how does one get password?   Posted 23 Mar 12, 20:16    Reply with quote

Hi,

How does a new user get their password to log on to accept a role for the very first time?

Thanks,

Janice

Jeff.M

Joined Date: 2010-10-01, 01:00

Post Post subject Re: New user - how does one get password?   Posted 25 Mar 12, 04:04    Reply with quote

Hi Janice

try leaving your password blank the first time you login

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: New user - how does one get password?   Posted 25 Mar 12, 10:37    Reply with quote

How does a new user get their password to log on to accept a role for the very first time?

In the normal run of adding new members and visitors to your club they are sent an e-mail welcoming them to the system which has the username and password as part of the message. You (or the VPM or whoever created the user) receives a copy of that e-mail  with the password blanked out.

However, if you are just starting the club on easy-Speak, creating all the members by uploading a spreadsheet there is NO welcoming message sent to the user since this may be unexpected mail and would be ignored or trashed - or would just confuse them.
When starting your club you need to keep a note of the password that was created so that you may hand out usernames and passwords when you make your first educational presentation explaining why the club is doing this and how to log in to confirm meeting roles. 

If you and the user don't know the password that has been created for them:

• You may request a password reset for them (use the edit button on the user_list - and button at the top of the screen)
  • The user may request a password reset as long as they know the username and registered e-mail address (a link on the login screen)
Either way, they receive an e-mail with a link that they MUST click to reset the password to the one shown in the e-mail.
They are then prompted to change it to something that they will remember 

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to