Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

FTH 2.0 -- How Does *It* Compare to Easy-Speak?

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » easy-Speak - how good is it?
jactar

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2011-06-25, 06:21

Post Post subject FTH 2.0 -- How Does *It* Compare to Easy-Speak?   Posted 19 Aug 11, 23:01    Reply with quote

Someone just told me that TI just released FTH 2.0 along with the rest of the brand refresh.  I haven't had much time to check it out yet.  Has anyone else?  How does it compare?

Thanks.

Cindy

PaulO

Developer

Joined Date: 2009-07-20, 21:22

Post Post subject Re: FTH 2.0 -- How Does *It* Compare to Easy-Speak?   Posted 17 Nov 11, 02:31    Reply with quote

We'd be very interested to hear what you think.  This is what WE (the developers) think

1. With the dropping of FTH's native support for personal domains, and easySpeak's introduction of subdomain support (myclub.easy-speak.org) - this distinction has gone away.
  2. easySpeak's new public portal pages close or even exceeds the gap with FTH - previously easySpeak was only really useful for club management - now you can use it as your external website as well
  3. We try and not to compare the club management features between FTH and easySpeak...out of modesty! Tongue out

Where Leaders Are Made
Phone: +1 425-605-7707
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
henrig

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2011-11-05, 11:32

Post Post subject Re: FTH 2.0 -- How Does *It* Compare to Easy-Speak?   Posted 03 Apr 12, 11:36    Reply with quote

[quote="PaulO"]

We'd be very interested to hear what you think.  This is what WE (the developers) think

1. With the dropping of FTH's native support for personal domains, and easySpeak's introduction of subdomain support (myclub.easy-speak.org) - this distinction has gone away.
  2. easySpeak's new public portal pages close or even exceeds the gap with FTH - previously easySpeak was only really useful for club management - now you can use it as your external website as well
  3. We try and not to compare the club management features between FTH and easySpeak...out of modesty! Tongue out

[/quote]

Hi Paul!

We're trying to move from FTH2.0 to Easy-Speak, but we're having trouble changing the DNS A record, or creating a CNAME, to point to a public portal page. I must be looking in the wrong spot. Where can I find help! 

Best regards,

Henri 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileSkype ID 
JackieP

Post Post subject Re: FTH 2.0 -- How Does *It* Compare to Easy-Speak?   Posted 24 Jul 14, 01:13    Reply with quote

[quote="PaulO"]

1. We try and not to compare the club management features between FTH and easySpeak...out of modesty! Tongue out

[/quote]

While I do appreciate your modesty, a straightforward comparison chart/tool would be helpful in making a decision to switch from FTH to easy-speak. Please do share! 

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: FTH 2.0 -- How Does *It* Compare to Easy-Speak?   Posted 24 Jul 14, 08:15    Reply with quote

I suggest you post that question in one of the LinkedIn or Facebook groups for Toastmasters or visit a club that moved last year - you can find any club from the maps link in the left side navigation. 

A feature list is not important here I think, what matters is the benefit to members.

You can't please all of the people all of the time, and the breadth of information and tools makes getting started a challenge in some clubs, but once you are through that the benefits are immense - mostly because the members have become more involved with planning their own objectives etc and the club officers can do more than the basic clerical job.

I will re-run the world-wide DCP statistics again as soon as TI publish final results for last year.
You can't argue with the numbers.
Clubs using e-S deliver consistently around 30-35% more on all measures - more CC, more CL, more ACx, more ALx and more new members - and that's nothing to do with having a pretty agenda, it's all about being enabled to support the members.
Most interesting is the steady increase over the first five years of e-S use as each generation of incoming VPE realise that they can now deliver more of the 'E' 

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

henrig

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2011-11-05, 11:32

Post Post subject Re: FTH 2.0 -- How Does *It* Compare to Easy-Speak?   Posted 25 Jul 14, 00:23    Reply with quote

[quote="jacqpear"]

While I do appreciate your modesty, a straightforward comparison chart/tool would be helpful in making a decision to switch from FTH to easy-speak. Please do share! 

[/quote]

I agree completely with Malcolm - the systems have such completely different focus that you cannot compare feature for feature.

From my perspective, FTH is mostly about being a public facing webpage, with some extra capabilities such as creating agenda from templates and providing a Club directory, whereas easy-speak is a comprehensive Club management system.

At my home Club, we use easy-speak for all matters relating to Club management, but we keep an FTH page, for two main reasons:

- you cannot attach documents to emails sent from easy-speak, which means you cannot send documents to other Club Officers or to the Club membership. FTH provide an email alias to email officers and Club membership from the comfort of your own email client.

- you cannot store documents into easy-speak, such as the fee schedule, articles published in the local rag, etc, and it's understandable - storage does not come for free and there would be lots of it required! Of course, there is always a way around: I currently store documents on Dropbox or Google Drive and refer to them from easy-speak forum posts, but getting this to work actually takes knowing your way around quite a bit - as opposed to just uploading a file.

If you are looking for a list of features, check out: https://easy-speak.org/kb.php?mode=article&k=9 - the comparison with FTH becomes easy. For us, the decision to adopt easy-speak was the best one we ever made.

Henri

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileSkype ID 
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » easy-Speak - how good is it?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to