Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Can't Add New Member

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
RKassner

Joined Date: 2011-06-01, 20:01

Post Post subject Can't Add New Member   Posted 13 May 12, 20:25    Reply with quote

I am the VP Education at club #1267403, Area 45, Division D, District 46.  We have a new member, Ali Jafri.  I haven't been able to add his name despite multiple tries and combinations, i.e., AJafri.  Sometimes easy-speak will not accept a name but it accepts it later if I try again.  I have now been trying for three days without a problem.  In the meantime, I added other members with no problem.  I'm not sure what to do.  I'd appreciate any help or suggestions you can offcer.  Thank you, Richard Kassner

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Can't Add New Member   Posted 13 May 12, 21:55    Reply with quote

You don't say what the error message you get  - but here are a few common problems.

1. The username cannot include the user's surname in full
  2. You can't add someone with an effective date in the future (easy to attempt if you are looking at the agenda screen for your next meeting)
  3. You can't add someone if the e-mail address is already known to the system (i.e. they would be duplicated - link their existing username to your club in this case)

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

RKassner

Joined Date: 2011-06-01, 20:01

Post Post subject Re: Can't Add New Member   Posted 14 May 12, 02:44    Reply with quote

The error says the member's name followed by 1970-01-01.  That's the error I always receive.  I'm not sure what that error means.  

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Can't Add New Member   Posted 14 May 12, 18:45    Reply with quote

The error message is unhelpful and will be improved in the next release... please see above for action

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to