Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Getting multiple email notifications

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
clifft2006

Post Post subject Getting multiple email notifications   Posted 08 Aug 12, 00:13    Reply with quote

Hi

I most recently was sent 8 emails with the following info:

Hello Clifford,

Shelley has DOUBTS ABOUT ATTENDING and is assigned the role of Evaluator at the Thursday 4th October 2012 meeting of Walnut Grove.

You can use the following link to view the full meeting status:

I've had this happen before with two meetings in August as well, although I didn't get as many emails. I'm the chair for the Oct 4th meeting but I'm not even attending the August dates. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a fix for this?

Cliff

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Getting multiple email notifications   Posted 08 Aug 12, 09:15    Reply with quote

Not a system problem...

You have said that you want to 'watch' the meeting for changes (either because you clicked on the link on the agenda screen to request that or because you are the Meeting Manager - and it was set automatically)

When you are watching a meeting you will be advised of anyone who drops out of the schedule.
You will also be advised of the first 'acceptance' since you last checked the agenda screen.

If you don't want these messsages use the link to stop watching the meeting - as simple as that

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

clifft2006

Post Post subject Re: Getting multiple email notifications   Posted 12 Aug 12, 17:51    Reply with quote

[quote="malw"]

Not a system problem...

You have said that you want to 'watch' the meeting for changes (either because you clicked on the link on the agenda screen to request that or because you are the Meeting Manager - and it was set automatically)

When you are watching a meeting you will be advised of anyone who drops out of the schedule.
You will also be advised of the first 'acceptance' since you last checked the agenda screen.

If you don't want these messsages use the link to stop watching the meeting - as simple as that

[/quote]

Hi

Thanks very much for your reply. I did check the agenda and it's already been changed so that I'm unwatched, and I still just got two notifications as above this weekend. And this is also happening even though Shelley hasn't made and changes or done anything. I clicked on the link to change it to 'watch' and then clicked again to 'unwatch' just incase; but it seems odd that I'm getting multiple notifications (at least 10 now) of changes that aren't even occuring. 

Thanks for your help. 

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Getting multiple email notifications   Posted 12 Aug 12, 18:40    Reply with quote

The 'watch' setting is BY MEETING.

Currently you are still set to watch the 6th and 13th September meetings (status shows that you have been notified of something and will now only be notified of 'refusals' until you look at the agenda online.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
Page 1 of 1

Jump to