Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Email issue from Easy Speak

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Soma

Joined Date: 2012-07-24, 12:52

Post Post subject Email issue from Easy Speak   Posted 10 Aug 12, 00:22    Reply with quote

I am the admin for Four Seasons TM club.  I sent emails multiple times to different members and a copy to myself.  Appears that none of the emails have been received.  What am I missing?

Appreciate your time.

Soma

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Email issue from Easy Speak   Posted 10 Aug 12, 07:51    Reply with quote

I can see a series of e-mail in the logs yesterday with subjects like 'Test e-mail' that were sent back to yourself.
There's another one to kmodenxxxxxxxr@gmail.com.

They all show as having been sent successfully - I would check your anti-spam folder and, and if that fails send an e-mail back to me via the site. My suspicion is that live.com are just deleting your messages silently in some circumstances.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Soma

Post Post subject Re: Email issue from Easy Speak   Posted 10 Aug 12, 11:33    Reply with quote

I have sent an email to you from this site.  Let me know.

Soma

Post Post subject Re: Email issue from Easy Speak   Posted 13 Aug 12, 08:33    Reply with quote

I responded via email from easy sepak on Aug. 10th to Malcolm's post.  Appears that this email has not gone through.  Well, I don't have any spam filter set on my email account.  So, unable to understand the issue.  To restate the problem, it appears that the email I initiate via easy speak is not going through.  However, when members send a speech request, I have received an email to that effect.  Appreciate your help.

Soma

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Email issue from Easy Speak   Posted 13 Aug 12, 09:43    Reply with quote

Not ignoring you Soma - still working on this with the tech team 

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Email issue from Easy Speak   Posted 23 Aug 12, 18:01    Reply with quote

Extensive testing has found two domains (and live.com is one of them)  where mail is rejected silently and the BCC are not transmitted.

I'll work on a complete re-write of the e-mail system to get around this - but in the meanwhile I suggest changing your club admin address for mass mail and meeting mail to use an address that is not with live.com or mac.com.
(These need to be a real e-mail addresses with a human looking at any replies and bounces) 

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Soma

Post Post subject Re: Email issue from Easy Speak   Posted 24 Aug 12, 07:33    Reply with quote

Ok.  I notice that neither the response counters in the forum is incrementing nor the latest post's id is seen.  It seems to be static at 3 posts and my id.  You may want to look address this.

Before checking into your latest post, I sent a test message to live.com account.  It did not arrive. However, sent a test private message - that arrived fine. Curious, changed the email id and sent 2 test mails to usa.net id.  None of the test messages arrived.  Sent a private message to usa.net id. This private message arrived at live.com id.

Let me know.

Thanks

Soma

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Email issue from Easy Speak   Posted 24 Aug 12, 08:24    Reply with quote

None of that is a suprise - the workaround is to use something other than live.com for your personal and the club e-mail addresses

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to