Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Change template name?

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
kevinw1

Joined Date: 2009-04-06, 23:52

Post Post subject Change template name?   Posted 08 Apr 09, 00:01    Reply with quote

I saved a new agenda template with commas in the name, and now although it shows up in the selection list to use it for a meeting, it doesn't actually come up with roles etc ready to edit the meeting agenda. I suspect that the commas I used in the template name may be the trouble, but I can't see a way to change the name without creating the template all over again (which took quite a while the first time!).

Is there a way to change the name of an existing template, or is something else completely causing the problem with this template?

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Change template name?   Posted 08 Apr 09, 00:30    Reply with quote

That ought not to cause a problem Kevin - but it's the sort of thing that can drive a database nuts so it might have been.
I will run some tests and change the code if it proves to be an issue.

But, back to your template.
Looking at the raw database I see a template 'Evening, Business, TT, 4 speaker' which is empty.
I deleted it for you since it is no use.

Is the meeting that you used to create this template still on-line?
If so, go to the meeting,
Re-open it if is closed (link top left of the actuals screen)
Use the agenda screen and save the template again
Re-close the meeting

If you deleted the meeting I may be able to get it from a backup - but no guarantees and it will be a couple of days before I can get to that.

For the benefit of anyone reading this thread in the future: ......
If the only issue was to change the template name and the meeting still exits that's easy:
Select the template to be replaced and enter the new name in the next box down "Use this agenda to create a new template named:"
Press the 'Replace' button

Full instructions in the Knowledgebase here: https://easy-speak.org/kb.php?mode=article&k=35

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

kevinw1

Post Post subject Re: Change template name?   Posted 08 Apr 09, 01:41    Reply with quote

That empty one was indeed the problem template - though it wasn't empty when I saved it :(

I have recreated it from the meeting - the way to re-open a closed meeting was the key I needed to be able to do that.

Thanks for the quick response Malcolm!

kevinw1

Post Post subject Re: Change template name?   Posted 08 Apr 09, 01:55    Reply with quote

Quick update for debugging purposes - the second template I created from the evening agenda (dated 28 Aug 2008) was also empty. It had no commas in the name, but the name I gave it was too long and the system truncated it, though it seemed to save it.

When I tried a third time, using a shorter name which did not need to be truncated, that template was successfully saved and was not empty.

Kevin

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Change template name?   Posted 11 Apr 09, 17:39    Reply with quote

Thank you for your analysis - that was exactly the problem and a great help in nailing the bug.

Problem resolved in the next release and a temporary patch applied to all installations today

Malcolm

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to