Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

easy-Speak Training

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Changing a member's future attendance status

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
FraserD

Contributor

Joined Date: 2007-02-23, 17:11

Post Post subject Changing a member's future attendance status   Posted 14 Mar 07, 21:23    Reply with quote

Hi Malcolm,

It's the crazy canuck from the colonies. Is there a way for the VP-Ed or other member of the executive to change a member's status at a future meeting from Unknown to Not Attending? There are two times this would be helpful. One of our members was called away suddenly to an illness in the family and will not be present next week. It is unlikely that they will have the opportunity to change their status online. The other time it would be helpful is during scheduling. As we do two months at a time we request availabilty from our members (i.e. holidays and known business trips). It would help the scheduling if we could change the status of individual members to Not Attending for those dates they will be away.

Thanks,
Fraser

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Changing a member's future attendance status   Posted 15 Mar 07, 00:22    Reply with quote

No problem...

The VPE may use the right hand side of the assignment screen to record promised attendance or known vacation etc.
Most clubs use this when getting started on the system until the members get comfortable with the various features.
Most clubs over here also have at least one member who does not or will not use a computer - so the VPE always ticks the boxes for them.

You may use the Club Control Panel to give this permission to any club officer (it's the "Assign members to roles" switch).
You have the IT support role as well as the VPPR role. IT support has the permission so you have access.

The 'meeting manager' also has system authority for this (use the edit screen to assign a meeting manager).
Some clubs have the TME run all the planning and administration for a meeting - so they make that person meeting manager on the system and let them do everything.

HTH

Malcolm

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

FraserD

Contributor

Joined Date: 2007-02-23, 17:11

Post Post subject Re: Changing a member's future attendance status   Posted 15 Mar 07, 21:03    Reply with quote

Oops. That was right before my eyes. Thank you for indulging my inability to notice that which is before me.

Cheers,
Fraser

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to