Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

[CLOSED] EMAIL: Sending mail to individual members

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
mhdhallak

Joined Date: 2009-07-16, 21:07

Post Post subject [CLOSED] EMAIL: Sending mail to individual members   Posted 16 Aug 09, 13:18    Reply with quote

Club Mail is a great feature. But what about extending it to be able to select individual names of members to send to (in addition to the predefined members and officers list).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype ID 
PaulO

Developer

Joined Date: 2009-07-20, 21:22

Post Post subject Re: Sending mail to individual members   Posted 19 Aug 09, 06:11    Reply with quote

So you're thinking about sending a mail to a random selection of members - not justt the pre-canned selection criteria. I think that woud be an interesting (and useful) idea - do you have any suggestions about where you would want to do this selection? From a Meeting? From the Member List? Do you ahve a Use Case that you can think of?
Where Leaders Are Made
Phone: +1 425-605-7707
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
mhdhallak

Post Post subject Re: Sending mail to individual members   Posted 19 Aug 09, 09:24    Reply with quote

Good question.

I wanted to send an email reminder to individuals giving a speech to fill in their speech titles.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype ID 
malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Sending mail to individual members   Posted 19 Aug 09, 10:25    Reply with quote

A few ways that you can do that at the moment Alaeddin,

When prompting members to get speech requests into the queue the easiest way to work is from the Memberchart showing speech progress https://easy-speak.org/memberchart.php
You get a complete overview there showing who has spoken recently, who has a speech ready, who is slowing down and needs encouragement etc.
There are mini icons on that screen for the VPE to send e-mail direct to a member or display their phone numbers or book the next speech for them.

Those same mini-icon for booking a speech is also on the memberlist with a button for e-mail and PM.

If you are chasing around at the last minute you may click on the member's name anywhere it displays to see their profile or mini-profile in a pop-up. The e-mail choices are then available from there.

HTH

Malcolm

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

mhdhallak

Post Post subject Re: Sending mail to individual members   Posted 19 Aug 09, 10:33    Reply with quote

All good, but then you'd have to send an individual email or PM to each one individually. Anyways, it's not a major request so keep in the back of the feature log.

PaulO

Developer

Post Post subject Re: Sending mail to individual members   Posted 13 Oct 09, 07:05    Reply with quote

Well, I think it would be nice. I need to think where it would work in the application though....
Where Leaders Are Made
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
PaulO

Developer

Post Post subject Re: EMAIL: Sending mail to individual members   Posted 27 Dec 11, 16:53    Reply with quote

bump - so I can mark it completed! :)

Where Leaders Are Made
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
Page 1 of 1

Jump to