Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

[Experience Sharing] using Facebook to promote club meetings

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
karen

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2007-07-11, 09:54

Post Post subject [Experience Sharing] using Facebook to promote club meetings   Posted 13 Jul 11, 12:38    Reply with quote

Here comes the latest promotion I am experimenting in Facebook. What do you think?

19 July 2011
https://easy-speak.org/view_meeting.php?t=21169

5 July 2011
https://easy-speak.org/view_meeting.php?t=19450

Thanks and cheers,
Karen

Last edited by karen on 13 Jul 11, 20:25; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileTwitter Account 
malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Experience Sharing - using Facebook to promote club meet   Posted 13 Jul 11, 15:59    Reply with quote

The next software release will offer all the social media as links on all appropriate pages (for example making it easy to tweet about your upcoming meeting or 'like' something in Facebook.

You will also be able to enter your club Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube sites and offer links to them from your easy-Speak pages.
(Plus adding twitter and about.Me to the personal information for members)

We will be publishing a 'how to use social media' step-by-step guide to help the Clubs get more from this

karen

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: Experience Sharing - using Facebook to promote club meet   Posted 13 Jul 11, 18:59    Reply with quote

Wow! It sounds exciting. In fact I am not a social animal. I tend to think of different ways of improving the things and that's it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileTwitter Account 
jactar

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2011-06-25, 06:21

Post Post subject Re: Experience Sharing - using Facebook to promote club meet   Posted 13 Jul 11, 19:08    Reply with quote

Will it also include Google+? That seems to be quickly taking off -- I heard that, in the first few weeks, they already got 10,000,000 users.

Thanks.

Cindy

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Experience Sharing - using Facebook to promote club meet   Posted 13 Jul 11, 19:55    Reply with quote

OK - you convinced me me - it'll be there

karen

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: [Experience Sharing] using Facebook to promote club meet   Posted 13 Jul 11, 20:41    Reply with quote

When I test run the promotion in Facebook, what surprised me most is that the picture we chose for that particular meeting became the icon for the Meeting link.

If no picture is uploaded to the Club set-up, it will be another story. Here comes 3 different scenarios.

Pictures were added.

Just for sharing. Out of curiosity, which meeting is more appealing to you?

Thanks and cheers,
Karen

lorraine.wong.myers

Contributor

Joined Date: 2008-03-22, 06:43

Post Post subject Re: [Experience Sharing] using Facebook to promote club meet   Posted 14 Jul 11, 08:25    Reply with quote

Karen,
I like the Free Will one because you have a description of the meeting so that is more enticing and interesting. I will get back to you about the camera later.

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to