Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

[CLOSED] Speech Time on easy-speak

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
DeborahW

Contributor

Joined Date: 2009-06-23, 22:29

Post Post subject [CLOSED] Speech Time on easy-speak   Posted 03 Feb 11, 21:32    Reply with quote

The Oratorical speech on easy-speak is 10-12

The correct time is 8-10

fielding

Contributor

Joined Date: 2006-07-20, 19:44

Post Post subject Re: Speech Time on easy-speak   Posted 03 Feb 11, 21:41    Reply with quote

Hi Deborah,

Can you tell me which workbook this is in?

Bobby

fielding

Contributor

Post Post subject Re: Speech Time on easy-speak   Posted 03 Feb 11, 22:30    Reply with quote

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for emailing me that this came from the Interpretive Reading manual. The information in easy-Speak came from this web page: http://toastmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Interpretive_Reading.

Can you let me know what the publication date is for the manual that you are using? Also, can you verify the speech times for the other speeches in this manual with what is on the web page above? I would like to correct the web page above at the same time as easy-Speak (to keep them in sync) and since I don't have a copy of that particular advanced manual, I would like to make sure I note the date of the publication when I make the change to the Wikia web page.

Thanks,
Bobby

fielding

Contributor

Post Post subject Re: Speech Time on easy-speak   Posted 07 Feb 11, 18:15    Reply with quote

One of the members of our club has this manual, but the one she has was published in 1996. In that version, the Oratorial Speech is 10-12 minutes. The only difference between that manual and what is on the wikia web page that I referred to in my last post is that The Play is 12-15 minutes, whereas on the web site it is 10-12 minutes.

So I would like it if someone could let me know what the timing is for the latest version of the manual. Even better would be to go to the wikia page and make any updates there. I watch these pages for updates so I would be notified automatically if you were to do this.

KaiS

Developer

Joined Date: 2008-09-06, 21:21

Post Post subject Re: Speech Time on easy-speak   Posted 07 Feb 11, 22:32    Reply with quote

Item 226L, English, Rev. 01/2008 - purchased in late 2009.

#1 Read a story 8-10 minutes
#2 Interpreting Poetry 6-8 minutes
#3 The monodrama 5-7 minutes
#4 The play 12-15 minutes
#5 The Oratorical Speech 8-10 minutes

HTH, Kai

fielding

Contributor

Post Post subject Re: Speech Time on easy-speak   Posted 08 Feb 11, 06:43    Reply with quote

Thanks Kai.

I have changed the Oratorical speech timing on easy-Speak. The Play timing was ok.

On the Wikia web site, I changed both The Play timing and The Oratorical Speech timing to be the same as what you posted.

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
Page 1 of 1

Jump to