Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

[CLOSED]Agenda Issues - Toastmaster Designations and Print..

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
HTM1

Joined Date: 2010-11-24, 23:53

Post Post subject [CLOSED]Agenda Issues - Toastmaster Designations and Print..   Posted 06 Feb 11, 17:36    Reply with quote

Hello Malcolm,

I had posted this on the forum, but for some reason it got deleted so I am posting it again.

The first question relates to Member designations (i.e. CC). These designations show up on the sign-up sheet, but not on the agenda. During our District Officer training, it was mentioned that we should include these designations on the agenda to provide incentive to members for their achievements. Is there a way to have these designations show up on the agenda?

My second question relates to the printing of the agenda. I am finding it difficult to print on one page, even when I adjust the margins during print preview. The agenda that I customized for my club is an exact replica of what we used to prepare on MS Word, which printed on one page without any issues. Do you have any suggestions regarding this?

Thanks,
Joe

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Agenda Issues - Toastmaster Designations and Printing   Posted 06 Feb 11, 18:05    Reply with quote

Not deleted Joe - moved to the 'How do I...' forum since these are not problems with the software.
https://easy-speak.org/viewtopic.php?t=17676

Getting the agenda to fit a single page can be a challenge.
We have alternate print versions on the development list but this will not happen for the next release.
Best suggestions I can make:
  • Look to remove some of the 'optional' items like 'One minute for evaluation slips' etc etc from the summary agenda - but leave them in the detail version so an inexperienced Toastmaster has a full script to follow
  • Try the other agenda formats (setting in the Club Control Panel) - very subtle differences but you may find one of these works better for you: https://easy-speak.org/kb.php?mode=article&k=189

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

karen

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2007-07-11, 09:54

Post Post subject Re: Agenda Issues - Toastmaster Designations and Printing   Posted 09 Feb 11, 05:12    Reply with quote

@ Joe,
I fully understand your problem as I have similar challenge like you. I have tried to modify your on-line agenda and make it an one-page format. You may take a look. Sorry unable to show you a PDF file as no attachment is allowed in the posting.

My agenda looks like
https://easy-speak.org/viewagenda.php?t=15416&pr=1

We are able to convert it into an one-page PDF file.

Thanks and cheers,
Karen

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileTwitter Account 
karen

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: Agenda Issues - Toastmaster Designations and Printing   Posted 10 Feb 11, 02:32    Reply with quote

I think the one-page layout looks better now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileTwitter Account 
HTM1

Joined Date: 2010-11-24, 23:53

Post Post subject Re: Agenda Issues - Toastmaster Designations and Printing   Posted 11 Feb 11, 02:02    Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies. I was able to figure out the most simple solution of all. That is to print the agenda on both sides of one page using a 2-sided printer. In my case, I enlarge to 110% and it looks pretty good.

Malcolm had mentioned that more print options are coming with the next upgrade, but I think this should be an acceptable fix until then.

Regards,
Joe

karen

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: Agenda Issues - Toastmaster Designations and Printing   Posted 11 Feb 11, 02:48    Reply with quote

@Joe,
Great! You have figured out the best way to solve the problem.

In our case, we would like to FREE the back page and make it a promotional tool at the same time. Information like the 10 X CC project requirements, list of Excom, rules of the meeting, evaluation slips and voting ballots have all been added to it. You may take a look.

Below is a sample of the back page of a Joint Meeting agenda. That's why there are TWO Excom lists.

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
Page 1 of 1

Jump to