Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

[CLOSED] Display number of rejected speaking roles

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
bdaniel

Contributor

Joined Date: 2007-07-20, 16:59

Post Post subject [CLOSED] Display number of rejected speaking roles   Posted 28 Dec 07, 04:30    Reply with quote

I have a few members in my club who always seem to turn down their speaking role a short time before a meeting. Since I always ensure they're willing to speak on that date when I assign the speech slot to them, I'd like to be able to see when a given member is doing this regularly.

I'm well aware that things come up, and speakers will have to cancel. But if one particular member cancels four times in a row, despite my best efforts to encourage them, I don't want to waste my energy on someone who's not interested in continuing.

Is there any way to display this sort of statistic?

Thanks!

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Display number of rejected speaking roles   Posted 28 Dec 07, 10:31    Reply with quote

All the data on role acceptance/refusal/attendance are preserved behind the scenes so it's possible to do it; but I don't currently have anything in place to display these stats on the screen.

Similarly, a view of the process of building an agenda from the members originally allocated through the refusals/volunteers to final result was always something I had in mind but didn't deliver yet.
(I can never remember who it was that the machine allocated to the XXX role that now shows as unassigned)

Have you seen any of the 'This member may be loosing interest...' e-mail Daniel?
That is triggered by role refusal without attendance (set in the Club Control Panel) and uses the same data.
Maybe that could be a stop-gap until I add this feature for you?
Or maybe a change in the trigger logic would give what you want?

Malcolm

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

bdaniel

Contributor

Post Post subject Re: Display number of rejected speaking roles   Posted 28 Dec 07, 13:39    Reply with quote

No, I've never seen the losing interest e-mail. I think I've got that disabled in the control panel -- I just set it to 8. Let's see what happens.

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Display number of rejected speaking roles   Posted 30 Dec 07, 19:21    Reply with quote

I had some time over the break and decided to add this feature.
Interesting that the placemarkers were already there in the code with a comment dated 2005 to come back later and finish it! There's been a lot happen since then so I'm not surprised that I forgot about it.

It's added as a new option on the member stats. screen (The one that pops up when you click on the 'last role etc' date on the agenda screen and is available to the VPE and meeting manager from the assignment screen).
Available in two versions - sorted by role or by date.
Hover over the icons to see who confirmed/refused the role and when.

The screen is also available to the member and their mentor.

There are a LOT of options to report so please give it a whirl and let me know if it could be improved.

Have fun

Malcolm

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

bdaniel

Contributor

Post Post subject Re: Display number of rejected speaking roles   Posted 30 Dec 07, 20:04    Reply with quote

Thanks! That's very helpful.

I see how to access the screen as the VPE/meeting manager -- from the role assignment screen. How does the member/mentor get to it?

Thanks

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Display number of rejected speaking roles   Posted 30 Dec 07, 20:52    Reply with quote

Quote:

I see how to access the screen as the VPE/meeting manager -- from the role assignment screen. How does the member/mentor get to it?

... by clicking on one of the dates shown against the name on the agenda screen.

I think I'll add this link to the memberlist screen too.

Malcolm

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
Page 1 of 1

Jump to