Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

How can I avoid: "Agenda closed to online user changes&

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
starparadigm

Joined Date: 2011-03-05, 04:59

Post Post subject How can I avoid: "Agenda closed to online user changes&   Posted 08 Nov 11, 18:08    Reply with quote

Just sent my very first meeting reminder email and when I click on the

I WILL be at the Tuesday 8th November 2011 meeting

link in the email, the site displays a bare looking window saying Agenda closed...

Can I get rid of this message and how?

Thanks,

Roy Terry, ProToasties

lorraine.wong.myers

Contributor

Joined Date: 2008-03-22, 06:43

Post Post subject Re: How can I avoid: "Agenda closed to online user chan   Posted 08 Nov 11, 18:20    Reply with quote

Roy,

You need to open up the meeting again for changes.  You will see a lock icon, click that to unlock it and then you can make your changes.  Once you finish the changes you want, click the lock again to close the meeting.  I know the officers have access to do that and maybe the TM but a regular member can't go back to a past meeting to make changes.  ES is in Europe time so they will see that Nov. 8 has passed even though your meeting might not have occurred.

starparadigm

Post Post subject Re: How can I avoid: "Agenda closed to online user chan   Posted 08 Nov 11, 18:57    Reply with quote

[quote="lorraine.wong.myers"]

Roy,

You need to open up the meeting again for changes.  You will see a lock icon, click that to unlock it and then you can make your changes.  Once you finish the changes you want, click the lock again to close the meeting.  I know the officers have access to do that and maybe the TM but a regular member can't go back to a past meeting to make changes.  ES is in Europe time so they will see that Nov. 8 has passed even though your meeting might not have occurred.

[/quote]

ThanksLorraine,

That sounds resonable. Sadly I can't find a clue as to how to do what you suggest. "open up the meeting again for changes"? I'm not aware that I ever closed it.  I also can't find a lock icon anywhere. BTW, this meeting hasn't happened yet. it is scheduled in about 9 hours from now.  Mainly, I'd like the email link to let people indicate if they will attened and to display the meeting to them.

Any further clues?

Thanks again,

Roy

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: How can I avoid: "Agenda closed to online user chan   Posted 08 Nov 11, 19:20    Reply with quote

@Karen - thanks for replying to the post, and you would not be able to see the meeting as a non-member, but it's NOT closed.
We adjust for timezone so, assuming the club has the correct timezone setting, that ought not to be a problem. (There's a problem with summer/winter time to be resolved but that's just one hour)

@Roy - The settings for your club specify that members may:

• See the agenda details 21days and 0 hours before the start time
  • Volunteer for a vacant role 14 days and 0 hours before the start time
  • Confirm/refuse a role or attendance up to 11 hours before the start time.
Those settings seem just right for a club that meets twice a month - as long as you make a point of assigning roles manually for new members and people wanting specific roles for CL before the 14 day opening to all.

As IT Support you should be presented with the view_agenda screen with all the whisles and bells for assigning roles and booking other peoples' attendance when you navigate to the meeting by hand.
However, links in the agenda e-mail follow the same rules for all members - and the agenda is closed for members to make changes at this point. 

Summary - no action needed, when you are running the system to a normal timetable your members will be able to respond and book themselves in/take a role without difficulty

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: How can I avoid: "Agenda closed to online user chan   Posted 08 Nov 11, 19:27    Reply with quote

Just seen your second posting:
Mainly, I'd like the email link to let people indicate if they will attened and to display the meeting to them. 

As this is the first meeting on easy-Speak for the club I wouldn't send any e-mail yet - it will only confuse members.

Recommended implementation is to get the system running in private, use the agenda at a first meeting wher you hand out usernames and passwords and explain the basics of logging in and clicking on the e-mail links.
Only then, for the second meeting, send out the e-mail a couple of weeks in advance and get a couple of other members to help you make the phone calls to anyone who didn't yet use the link "What don't you understand? Can I talk you through that?..."

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

starparadigm

Post Post subject Re: How can I avoid: "Agenda closed to online user chan   Posted 08 Nov 11, 19:48    Reply with quote

Malcolm,

Thanks for both replies. The detail in your first message is especially helpful. I will investigate and learn to keep this settings in mind. As for the first meeting policy, yes I agree with a gradual approach suggestion and we have talked about and referred members to ES for several meetings now so I hope they will be good sports about a possible bumpy start.

Roy

lorraine.wong.myers

Contributor

Joined Date: 2008-03-22, 06:43

Post Post subject Re: How can I avoid: "Agenda closed to online user chan   Posted 10 Nov 11, 01:45    Reply with quote

Malcolm,

Are you working on the Facebook item?  Is that why you haven't answered me?  Just wondering.

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: How can I avoid: "Agenda closed to online user chan   Posted 10 Nov 11, 15:46    Reply with quote

@Lorraine - The facebook changes went live yesterday. 
Please send an e-mail with anything that you think is still open 

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to