Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Adding/Removing meeting role on agenda for special meeting

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
nadineb

Joined Date: 2012-01-09, 11:08

Post Post subject Adding/Removing meeting role on agenda for special meeting   Posted 10 Jan 12, 13:14    Reply with quote

HI there,

Where/how do you add and remove meeting roles on the agenda?

Thx,

Nadine

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Adding/Removing meeting role on agenda for special meeti   Posted 10 Jan 12, 13:49    Reply with quote

https://easy-speak.org/kb.php?mode=article&k=35

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

nadineb

Post Post subject Re: Adding/Removing meeting role on agenda for special meeti   Posted 10 Jan 12, 15:32    Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply - I was working from these instructions but I am unclear on how to ADD a role.

I have slected the Agenda type "Event with two speakers" - we have one prepared speach and a (non manual) educational workshop planned for the evening. For this Agenda type there is no drop down menu for Chairmaster; I want to add this role. I understand that since there is only one manual based speach I will simply omit selecting for speaker #2 and can edit the agenda to include details and the presenter of the workshop.

thx

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Adding/Removing meeting role on agenda for special meeti   Posted 10 Jan 12, 15:52    Reply with quote

OK - a couple of possible questions there...

To ADD an item to the agenda - use the icon far left of the screen
Generally in e-s there will be a tool-tip if you hover over any icon with your mouse - this one says 'Insert above' 

Your non-manual Educational can best be dealt with by changing one of the speakers to 'Educational' (and removing the 'one minute for notes', Evaluation items etc if they are not used for an Educational in your club)
You can add the Educational presentation to the meeting - and to the member's personal record - by booking a speech from the pseudo-manual 'Contest and Other speeches'. You'll find several free-format Educationals in there of various timings

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

nadineb

Post Post subject Re: Adding/Removing meeting role on agenda for special meeti   Posted 10 Jan 12, 17:05    Reply with quote

Tried that but there is no where to add the role of Chairmaster....maybe something is off in the Club Control Panel? I am working on an agenda for the 24th - standard 3 speaker meeting and again on the right hand section with the pull down menues to assign roles - there is no option for a Chair....how do add this role?

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Adding/Removing meeting role on agenda for special meeti   Posted 10 Jan 12, 17:17    Reply with quote

Is 'Chairmaster' a completely new role in your Club - never used before?

Is it significantly different from any other (e.g. Chairman or Toastmaster) that it's worth creating  it?

If yes to both: https://easy-speak.org/kb.php?mode=article&k=29

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

nadineb

Post Post subject Re: Adding/Removing meeting role on agenda for special meeti   Posted 10 Jan 12, 17:50    Reply with quote

no "chair/chairmaster/chairman" is not a new role...I thought it was fairly standard - however, I am JUST setting up the profile for our club - so maybe somethign went askew in the process.

there is no pull down menu to select the "chair, chairmaster or chairman" unless I am being too specific and the roles of Toastmaster and Chair are essentially one and the same!

nadineb

Post Post subject Re: Adding/Removing meeting role on agenda for special meeti   Posted 10 Jan 12, 17:53    Reply with quote

Also I am still unclear on how to delete a role (our club does not have a sargent at arms)...I don't want anyone getting confused when they go to sign up for meetings and see that this is as an available function.

nadineb

Post Post subject Re: Adding/Removing meeting role on agenda for special meeti   Posted 10 Jan 12, 18:24    Reply with quote

Ok so figured it out...

• Club Control Panel
  • Meeting Roles (do not delete the Sergent at Arms role- might use in the future) rather turn all options to NO

...and yes, I see TMI calls the Chair - the Toastmaster.

Oye!

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Adding/Removing meeting role on agenda for special meeti   Posted 10 Jan 12, 18:36    Reply with quote

Please confirm the Club and the meeting you are working with.

I can only see one meeting (10th Jan) for your club (Creatively Speaking)

Two areas to consider though:
Edit your agenda to have the items in the sequence and with the correct times for your Club  
You can only use roles which are defined for your Club - but you should find that all of the standard ones ARE defined, even if you wish to change the titles a little (e.g. 'Chairman' instead of 'Toastmaster')

Any item in the agenda which can be assigned to a human (e.g. NOT 'Refreshment break') will be listed on the view_agenda screen for you to assign someone to it.
If you don't want a SAA in your meeting - just delete this item from the agenda.

If you really need a new role (e.g. 'Jokemaster') you must create it in the CCP before you can use it in the agenda.
Try to avoid adding simliar or duplicating meeting roles - it wil just confuse your successors Confused

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to