Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

User List - mass changing of User Properties

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
jactar

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2011-06-25, 06:21

Post Post subject User List - mass changing of User Properties   Posted 06 Jan 12, 18:26    Reply with quote

I would love to see a link to the User List under the This Club on the menu.  Additionally, I'd also love to see an option somewhere for a mass changing of permissions on user info -- minimally to make it more stringent than it already is and/or to make the default the most stringent.  Ideally, the option would change only those set by an administrator and maintain what was set by the user. 

PaulO

Developer

Joined Date: 2009-07-20, 21:22

Post Post subject Re: User List   Posted 07 Jan 12, 03:36    Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean about link to the User List from the This Club menu - its there already??!

Good idea on the mass update of permissions - you are thinking about hte privacy options presumably? 

Where Leaders Are Made
Phone: +1 425-605-7707
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
jactar

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: User List   Posted 15 Jan 12, 16:33    Reply with quote

[quote="PaulO"]

Not sure what you mean about link to the User List from the This Club menu - its there already??!

[/quote]

You're right, of course.  Somehow, I totally missed it. :(

[quote="PaulO"]

Good idea on the mass update of permissions - you are thinking about hte privacy options presumably? 

[/quote]

Exactly what I meant -- Being able to set everyone to the highest privacy level.

PaulO

Developer

Post Post subject Re: User List - mass changing of User Properties   Posted 16 Jan 12, 19:32    Reply with quote

I'm thinking

1. Phone Number is Visible to: [RADIO]
  2. Mobile Number is Visible to: [RADIO]
  3. Address is visible to: [RADIO]
  4. User is Available for Auto-assigning: [CHKBOX]
  5. Language: [DROPDOWN]
  6. Timezone: [DROPDOWN]

I wasn't sure about language and timezone - i think you'd want to be able to set those to the Club settings (as a default).  It would be relatively rare that you would want ot change these individually, but you could live on the state border between two timezones i guess.

I'm thinking similar to hte User List view you should be able to filter by Members / Visitors / Past.  I'm not sure what editing rights we should grant for Visitors and Past though.  I can see a case where you would want to change your Visitor's privacy settings - but you wouldn't want someone to bulk update your profile just becuase you visited a club while on holiday in China!

Where Leaders Are Made
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
PaulO

Developer

Post Post subject Re: User List - mass changing of User Properties   Posted 16 Jan 12, 19:35    Reply with quote

Oh ...

"Ideally, the option would change only those set by an administrator and maintain what was set by the user. "

Yes good idea!!  It would mean more work for us though, as we would have to keep track of who changed each individual field last (so add another 5 or 6 fields to the database)

Where Leaders Are Made
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

jactar

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: User List   Posted 16 Jan 12, 20:18    Reply with quote

[quote="jactar"]

[quote="PaulO"]

[/quote]

You're right, of course.  Somehow, I totally missed it. :(

Actually, I should have clicked through to confirm this.  I'm not seeing a "User List" on the "This Club" menu.  There is a "Club Directory" listed (which is what I was confusing it with when I saw that it was there).  However, when I click on it, I only get the club and officer information (https://easy-speak.org/clubdata.php)  What I'm looking for is the information that's on the https://easy-speak.org/memberlist.php?c=1540 screen, available in a format for non-officers to see and use, such as to send an email to a fellow club member.  AFAIK, the only way to reach that screen (and the information it contains) is through the "Edit Member" link under Membership Management, and that's only available to (some) officers.

Sorry for being confusing at first.  I hope this clears my original request up.

Take care.

Cindy

jactar

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: User List - mass changing of User Properties   Posted 16 Jan 12, 20:24    Reply with quote

[quote="PaulO"]

Oh ...

"Ideally, the option would change only those set by an administrator and maintain what was set by the user. "

Yes good idea!!  It would mean more work for us though, as we would have to keep track of who changed each individual field last (so add another 5 or 6 fields to the database)

[/quote]

Of course, the kludge would be to warn users if things ever get set back, and have them update their own if they want them changed.  And/or, the default could be automatically set to the stricted privacy (Club Officers only) and it gets changed only if the user makes the change.  IIRC, I think part of the problem is that there's no default set (or else it set to something other than "club officers only."

C

posb

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2011-01-18, 21:15

Post Post subject Re: User List - mass changing of User Properties   Posted 17 Jan 12, 02:26    Reply with quote

Its the fifth element down on the This Club menu.  Send a screen shot of your menu if you can, becuase one of us is going potty!!

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
Page 1 of 1

Jump to