Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Template for contests

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
a.cote

Joined Date: 2009-01-07, 02:20

Post Post subject Template for contests   Posted 10 Feb 11, 23:58    Reply with quote

Hello Malcolm,

Is it possible to create new templates for contests? I want to create a template for the meeting on February 16th, with speech and topics contests. I don't need the Toastmaster role, neither the evaluators roles, nor the general evaluator role. But I need Contest Chairs, speakers (contestants) and topic speakers (contestants). The templates available do not offer what I need. How can I add or create a new template?

Thank you very much.

Annette

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Template for contests   Posted 11 Feb 11, 10:36    Reply with quote

Easy enough Annette,

Normally the set of templates copied into a club would include something that is a reasonable match for both the the spring and autumn contests - but if you don't have that it's easy enough to do - if a little tedious to set up the first time.

• Pick a template that's the closest fit to your needs and create your meeting using that template. (Remember it's a lot faster to delete than to add lines so pick a four or five speech meeting as the starting point if you have a template for that)
  • Use the edit agenda screen to remove and add roles as needed:
    https://easy-speak.org/kb.php?mode=article&k=35
  • Remember to save this agenda when you are happy with it to use as a template next year.

Two hints or suggestions:

If you ran a contest previously on easy-Speak - go back to that meeting, re-open it, go into the edit agenda screen and save THAT meeting as a template to use this year. Remember to close the meeting again

To get the two sets of briefings with correct times - set up the Chief Judge's briefing for ZERO elapsed time and follow that with the Contest Chair's briefing with 15 minutes elapsed time. Set both of them to print on the agenda and show the start time. Voila! they both have the same time and the total time is only 15 minutes Smile

(I have moved this thread to the 'How do I....' forum )

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

starparadigm

Joined Date: 2011-03-05, 04:59

Post Post subject Re: Template for contests   Posted 07 Mar 12, 17:25    Reply with quote

I have the same question. I am not finding a template for the Spring (USA) International and Table Topics contest. Does such a creature exist and can it be shared?

Here are the choices I see

http://photofriend.net/img/templates.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Template for contests   Posted 07 Mar 12, 17:37    Reply with quote

Sadly it's not possible to copy templates between clubs so your only choice is to create an agenda for this contest (and then save it as a template for future use)

Instructions in the previous posting...

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to