Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Link to Email to Club Officers

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
shakapuppy

Joined Date: 2011-06-23, 07:08

Post Post subject Link to Email to Club Officers   Posted 25 Jan 12, 20:42    Reply with quote

It would be really handy to have a link to "Send Msg to Club Officers" in the "My Communication" section of the sidebar.

I know that there is an option to send this message buried deep in one of the other screens, but a quick link to the capability would be great.

PaulO

Developer

Joined Date: 2009-07-20, 21:22

Post Post subject Re: Link to Email to Club Officers   Posted 25 Jan 12, 23:35    Reply with quote

Hi Breanda - the link on the [My Communication] menu which does that is the 'Club Mass Email' one  (then select 'Club officers' in the dropdown).  This is only usable by other officers.  We tend to have a policy to not allow members to email the whole club as this can easily be abused, and there are other ways (such as the forums) where members can communicate.

Where Leaders Are Made
Phone: +1 425-605-7707
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
shakapuppy

Post Post subject Re: Link to Email to Club Officers   Posted 26 Jan 12, 19:23    Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

I think the club members should be able to email all the officers with questions.  Having it a 2-page, multi-click process makes it a lot more intimidating then just being able to click on a link and have it pop open the email screen.  

We as the executive committee are trying to be open in communication.  Plus, coming from FTH 1.0 -- everyone could just use the email alias and get to the officers, so I'm trying to make the transition as easy as possible for everyone.

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Link to Email to Club Officers   Posted 26 Jan 12, 22:55    Reply with quote

The Club members (and guests...) have a single click option in the left side navigation to send e-mail to the President, VPE or Treasurer... or they can contact any member of officer by using the e-mail or PM button on the memberlist  (which is itself in the left side navigation as 'Contact Other Members' )

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

shakapuppy

Post Post subject Re: Link to Email to Club Officers   Posted 28 Jan 12, 22:22    Reply with quote

Yes, I know that there are *ways* to achieve what I'm asking for, but *NONE* of those ways make it easy for the users to contact *ALL* of their club officers with a single email.

In order for a "common" non-officer member of our club to send an email to ALL the club officers they would have to do the following: 

• Find the link under my communications, "Club Mass E-mail"
  • Scroll through 38 names, looking for a sub-title that indicates that the member might be on the executive committee
  • then send 9 individual emails
No one is ever going to do that.
Yes, there are links to the President, VPE and Treasurer, but not our 6 other officers.
For a club officer to send a message to all the club officers, they have to do the following:
  • Go into Club Mass E-Mail
  • Realize that there is a drop down option to select the officers - it took me about 5 times to realize it was a drop down.
  • then send their email.
Neither of these two options are user friendly for anyone.  Do they do the job, yes, but neither is intuitive.
All this could be solved with a simple link "Send Msg to All Club Officers" on the members left hand menu.
I not sure why you wouldn't want members to be able to do this and only restrict to the club officers, but if
that is the case, then one can make it a configuration option on whether the functionality is available to all club members or just the officers.
If you wanted to take this a step further -- add "mailing" group functionality.  For example, if there are committees set up for special events, it would be nice to be able to have an Alias for the "30th Anniversary Committee" etc.
Wishful thinking for me would be that an option would be there before FTH 1.0 goes away Feb 17th  Wink as this is a functionality
I have to provide by then. Wink
Thank you team for all that you guys do!
This really is an awesome system!

PaulO

Developer

Joined Date: 2009-07-20, 21:22

Post Post subject Re: Link to Email to Club Officers   Posted 01 Feb 12, 17:35    Reply with quote

What kind of messages have your members used the 'All Officers' for?  how often have they used it?

Where Leaders Are Made
Phone: +1 425-605-7707
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
shakapuppy

Post Post subject Re: Link to Email to Club Officers   Posted 16 Feb 12, 18:55    Reply with quote

We use the "club officers" email amongst ourselves to discuss upcoming meetings and events.  Our Secretary / Treasurers use it to 

send out agendas, member updates and other info.

We carry on discussions in email on various topics ....

If a member isn't going to be available -- the alias is used to ask others to fill in etc. etc etc.

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
Page 1 of 1

Jump to