Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Reorder Forum News Posts

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
FraserD

Contributor

Joined Date: 2007-02-23, 17:11

Post Post subject Reorder Forum News Posts   Posted 09 May 08, 18:01    Reply with quote

Hi Malcolm,

How do I change the display order for Forum News posts? To be specific, I have just updated the Conferences Forum with the latest information on the Districts 60 and 86 Fall Conferences. As they are the newest posts they push the previous posts for the summer conferences (Region VI and International) down, scrolling them off the standard display. I would like to have them displayed with the most temporally proximal at the top and distal at the bottom. Unfortunately, posting date is not always correlative with event date so it would be nice to be able to change the display order.

Is this possible/feasible? Can I do it myself or does it require your expertise?

Cheers,
Fraser Drysdale
Black Walnut Toastmasters Club (c=245)

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Reorder Forum News Posts   Posted 12 May 08, 22:09    Reply with quote

Thre is a sysadmin routine to change the posting date - but the easy work-around would be to make a 'no change' alteration to refresh the posting time of the one that you want shown at the top of the block.

HTH

Malcolm

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

FraserD

Contributor

Post Post subject Re: Reorder Forum News Posts   Posted 12 May 08, 22:35    Reply with quote

Hi Malcolm,

I tried a 'no change' edit to no effect. I also tried adding a space (no effect) and a carriage return (no effect). I tried all of these on the post for the Region VI conference (https://easy-speak.org/viewtopic.php?t=1838) which I had recently updated to reflect the District 60/86 realignment. Nether the 'no chsnge' nor the changed edits seemed to affect the display order. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Fraser

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Reorder Forum News Posts   Posted 13 May 08, 09:14    Reply with quote

OK - I'll add the ability for moderators to change posting time - but that's a program change that I won't hit straight away so in the meanwhile please prompt me with e-mail Fraser and I'll re-order them for you.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

FraserD

Contributor

Post Post subject Re: Reorder Forum News Posts   Posted 13 May 08, 15:17    Reply with quote

Thank you Malcolm,

This was not of the highest priority but just me whinging as usual. I do appreciate the quick response though. I will be out of pocket for about two weeks so will not get to it right away anyways. What I had in mind was ordering the conference notices by event date with most proximal at the top. In the current case that would be:

Region VI Conference 2008 - June 13-14
Region VII Conference 2008 - June 19-21
Toastmasters International Conference 2008 - August 13-16
District 86 Fall Conference - November 7-9
District 60 Fall Conference - November 14-16

Thanks again Malcolm.

P.S. I couldn't get the "Insert URL" or "Insert Webpage" icons to work. Generated "Error: You didn't write the URL. You didn't write the page name." I just copied the HTML and entered them manually.

Cheers,
Fraser

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to