Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Sergeant at arms role not assignable

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Attie

Joined Date: 2012-02-01, 12:30

Post Post subject Sergeant at arms role not assignable   Posted 20 Feb 12, 11:57    Reply with quote

How do I change the sergeant at arms role so that it can be assigned?  The official sergeant can sometimes not attend meetings and then the role needs to be assigned to someone else.

Many thanks!

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Sergeant at arms role not assignable   Posted 21 Feb 12, 15:19    Reply with quote

Two different things going on here:

The SAA for the meeting (arrives early, sets out the chairs, bangs the gavel to start the meeting....) is a MEETING ROLE used in the agenda and is already assignable in the Umhlanga Club.

The Club SAA (makes sure that you don't run out of voting slips... etc) is a CLUB OFFICER elected annually or every six months.

In some clubs the Club SAA always performs the meeting tasks - and the way you manage that on easy-Speak is to assign the same person to the role each meeting. But it does not have to be that way and you may assign anyone to the job.
The same logic applies to 'President's announcements' or 'VPE's minute' - normally the club officer stands up to complete the task but in their absence someone else would stand in for them.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to