Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Best Evaluator Award

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Aaction

Joined Date: 2012-01-06, 08:04

Post Post subject Best Evaluator Award   Posted 07 Mar 12, 01:26    Reply with quote

When I have a Best Evaluator award at our meeting, there is a drop down box and I can select from the evaluators as to who won this.

My problem is that I can only chose from Speech Evaluators and Table Topics Evaluators.  Our Club also has the General Evaluator included as a contender for this award.  How do I include the general Evaluator in the list of possible choices please?

Thanks in advance

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Facebook ProfileSkype ID 
karen

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2007-07-11, 09:54

Post Post subject Re: Best Evaluator Award   Posted 07 Mar 12, 05:07    Reply with quote

Then you need to create a NEW AWARD in the Club Control Panel.  We had similar problem before and the developer suggested that we'd create a new award.

Our newly created award is "First Timer (Ice-breaker) Award" to be granted to those members who have given their 1st ice-breaker speech instead of the original pre-set "First Timer" award which will be granted to anyone who speaks the first time.

Thanks and cheers,

Karen

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileTwitter Account 
Aaction

Post Post subject Re: Best Evaluator Award   Posted 07 Mar 12, 06:35    Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion Karen.  I did actually go to the Control Panel to try that, but unless I allow everyone to be a contender, and not just the evaluators, the General Evaluator seems to be ommitted from Evaluators.

Perhaps I need to look at how the role of General Evaluator is categorised.

Sue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Facebook ProfileSkype ID 
Aaction

Post Post subject Re: Best Evaluator Award   Posted 07 Mar 12, 06:45    Reply with quote

Ok, well I just reviewed that.  The role needs to be set as General Evaluator for the CL roles.  I tried having it as GE at the top and just evaluator down the bottom, but this creates an error saying that if it's GE at the top, it has to be GE at the bottome.

Any more suggestions?

Sue

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Best Evaluator Award   Posted 07 Mar 12, 09:47    Reply with quote

I don't think that you will achieve this.

The Best Evaluator award is programmed to look for roles that are identified as 'Evaluator' and that does NOT include the GE.
(You cannot change the classification - that will mess up CL recording in a big way!) 

As Karen suggests, you might create a new award and make ALL participants eligible - and to record the winner you will need to pick from a list of all participants.

I wonder how many clubs include the GE as eligible for best Evaluator - my guess is that you are in a very small minority and certainly I've never previously seen that.
In any club I've attended the GE reviews the WHOLE meeting after everything is wrapped up and hands over to the President who immediately presents awards, first time ribbons etc and closes the meeting
I guess that's another example of the diversity of Club organisation and the way we run our meetings.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

shakapuppy

Joined Date: 2011-06-23, 07:08

Post Post subject Re: Best Evaluator Award   Posted 17 Mar 12, 20:09    Reply with quote

We too include the General Evaluator in the class for the "Best Evaluator".  Unlike Malcolm, I've not seen a club that doesn't do it that way, so there may be some regional differences.

Our solution, was a Malcolm suggested.  Created a whole new award and made every role / every attendee eligible for the the award.

Our vote for best evaluator is held until after the General Evaluator does their final evaluation of the meeting.

Roles that are eligible are: Speech Evaluators, Grammarian, Table Topics Evaluator, General Evaluator and even the Timer, although I've never seen the Timer take the award. Wink

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to