Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

[CLOSED] Member seeing wrong club on login

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
jimptm

Joined Date: 2010-12-31, 05:04

Post Post subject [CLOSED] Member seeing wrong club on login   Posted 05 Mar 12, 00:09    Reply with quote

One of my members is reporting that she sees another club's home screen when she logs in to easy-speak. I've uploaded a print out of the screen here: https://www.yousendit.com/download/M3Buc0x6TStEbUpESjlVag

Any idea what's happening?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Facebook ProfileSkype IDTwitter Account Yahoo Messenger
malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Member seeing wrong club on login   Posted 05 Mar 12, 09:03    Reply with quote

A user is always taken back to the LAST club (Area|Division|District|Conference) that they viewed wehn they log back into the system.

The left side navigation block shows a link to any club where they are a member or have attended a meeting recently to make it easy to go back and see the details for that club and book in to the next meeting.

Other ways of selecting a different club include:

• Menubar > Goto > Select Club
  • Menubar > Goto > Club Serarch
  • Clicking on the link in a meeting e-mail to confirm attendance or a role
  • Going to the Calendar and selecting a meeting
  • Going to the maps, zoom around and clicking on the balloon for a club
  • etc, etc

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

jimptm

Post Post subject Re: Member seeing wrong club on login   Posted 05 Mar 12, 16:10    Reply with quote

Thank you. I will have her look at this response and see if she did any of those things.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Facebook ProfileSkype IDTwitter Account Yahoo Messenger
jimptm

Post Post subject Re: Member seeing wrong club on login   Posted 05 Mar 12, 17:13    Reply with quote

She tells me that she never went to MIT Toastmasters.

jimptm

Post Post subject Re: Member seeing wrong club on login   Posted 07 Mar 12, 15:32    Reply with quote

I'm getting this report from another user. Same thing. She logs in and sees MIT instead of Pride. I am thinking this is not a caching issue. Also the other user is still reporting she sees MIT even after going back to the Pride site manually.

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Member seeing wrong club on login   Posted 07 Mar 12, 17:24    Reply with quote

It's certainly a user issue Jim... Frown

They must be doing something that forces a choice to the 'wrong' club.
My first suspiciion would be that the pair of them are using a link that was sent by e-mail and/or is saved as a favourite 

Get them to delete the easy-Speak cookies and any favourites

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

jimptm

Post Post subject Re: Member seeing wrong club on login   Posted 09 Mar 12, 19:11    Reply with quote

For one it worked to go to http://pride.easy-speak.org/

For the other she cleared her cache and went to  http://pride.easy-speak.org/ and is still seeing MIT. She even used another computer and is still seeing it.

Any other thoughts? Cookies?

posb

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2011-01-18, 21:15

Post Post subject Re: Member seeing wrong club on login   Posted 10 Mar 12, 07:06    Reply with quote

Your subdomain is set to pridetoastmasters - not pride - change it in the Control Panel

jimptm

Post Post subject Re: Member seeing wrong club on login   Posted 14 Mar 12, 03:50    Reply with quote

Oh, I always thought it was pride. Well, sending her to that address cleared up the problem. Thanks!!

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
Page 1 of 1

Jump to