Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

easy-Speak Training

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

[CLOSED] Agenda email system not working for my club

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
Bruce.Morton

Joined Date: 2012-02-14, 01:00

Post Post subject [CLOSED] Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 19 Mar 12, 20:04    Reply with quote

Our club (Bar Nones Club) just recently joined easy-Speak. The agenda email system doesn't work for me. When I attempt to send any of the agenda emails on the "Agenda emails" page, it says that it was successful, but in reality. Nobody recieves the emails. (Yes. I do have the "Members" button selected.)

If I go to the "User List" page and email the agenda "manually" from that page, it works. I would prefer to use the proper method. 

What am I doing wrong?

Bruce Morton

Bar Nones Club 

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 19 Mar 12, 21:43    Reply with quote

I will send you by e-mail a clip from the e-mail log for your club today.

The 'Result: >1< ' is generated after the mail has been sent successfully - so we know these ones have gone.

Lines 2-15 in that file show you sending 'agenda e-mail 2' to ten and then three users (grouped by language choice)

'Agenda e-mail 2' is only sent to people without a role
There is no record of you attempting to send 'agenda e-mail 3' (sent to people with a role)

Please read this KB article on using the agenda e-mail system:
https://easy-speak.org/kb.php?mode=article&k=8 

Experience shows that most times these problems fall into company or user anti-spam systems and a tendancy for people to say "...and I didn't receive it either" instead of look in their spam folder. Sad

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Bruce.Morton

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 29 Mar 12, 18:15    Reply with quote

This is still not working. No users are getting the agenda emails. The emails are not in their spam folders.

Also, I am seeing the same problem with the password reset button. One user has lost her password. I have gone onto her user edit screen and clicked on the password reset button. She has not gotten the password reset email. I now have no way to help her. 

Emailing from the User List screen works fine.

If you view the log for today, you will see 17 successful emails, but there should also be 17 unscucessful emails from the agenda screen plus 1 or 2 unsuccesful emails from the password reset button.

Bruce Morton 

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 31 Mar 12, 11:38    Reply with quote

I've extracted all the e-mail summary records for your club from the log since the 20th March and will send it to you by e-mail so that we can discuss this privately and not disclose e-mail addresses.

A couple of initial thoughts:

The password resets were for Melissa, who, like you, has an e-mail address at Intermec.
Has this been blocked at the company mail gateway?
I have reset her password manually and also sent a personal message asking for confirmation that she receives the e-mail from the site robot with the password and username details.

Let's separate the lost mail users into Intermec and non-Intermec e-mail addresses.
Is there a problem for both groups?  AOL, live and platt?

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Bruce.Morton

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 03 Apr 12, 00:35    Reply with quote

You are right. I sent out an email today from the agenda email page. I later called one of the members who is outside of Intermec to see if the email was received. He did get it, but those in Intermec did not. 

I will contact our IT department to see why those emails are being filtered. There must be more than one layer of filtering, because I have a spam folder, but it is empty. The company must be filtering emails further upstream. 

Bruce

bdaniel

Contributor

Joined Date: 2007-07-20, 16:59

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 03 Apr 12, 11:19    Reply with quote

Are you using an e-mail address at your company as the club's official address? That may be why it's being filtered out. I've seen that in the past. If an e-mail is made to look like it's coming from an address internal to the company, but is really coming from outside, that's usually a red-flag to any security software.

My solution in the past was to create a club Gmail account and set that to the official club address instead.

aanchalk

Joined Date: 2013-07-19, 16:13

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 10 Apr 14, 21:20    Reply with quote

We are having the same issues with the Meridian Toastmasters  club. We have attempted to send out 'first' email for April 15 meeting. None of our members received it.

Also, 2 of your members tried password reset and haven't received emails to reset the password. Other members from the same company were able to reset password just 2 days ago.

Please advise.

Thanks!

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 10 Apr 14, 21:56    Reply with quote

I can see this in the logs:

2014-04-10 17:53:42 - aanchalk (id: 59974)  at 192.75.165.28; From: 'easy-Speak (Meridian Toastmasters)' <do_not_reply@easy-speak.org>
Reply to: 'Aanchal Kamra' <akaXXX@gmail.com>
To:
BCC: tomXXX@intact.net, melXXXXX@syXXX.ca, serXXXX@aXXX.com, anilXXX@intXX.net, tonyXXXX@XXXg.com, cbaXXX@gmail.com, GeoffXXX@hotmail.com, h1lXXX@yahoo.ca, jiuXXX@yahoo.com, stepXXX@rbc.com, tieXX@inXX.net, weiyXXX@gmail.com
Subject: Meridian Toastmasters - Tuesday 15th April 2014; Size: 1141; Words: 187
Result: >1<
Agenda_email: email_1
GroupSent: - 1, 2

(I obscured the e-mail addresses)

The 'Result: >1<' indicates that it left our server without error

None of them received it?

Please check, I can believe that people on hotmail would not receive it until they whitelist @easy-speak.org and there may be an issue with one or two corporate e-mail providers (and getting the IT department to set up the whitelist for easy-Speak mail) but it's hard to believe that none of these were delivered.

Please get each of the problem users to read this article and whitelist mail from easy-Speak

https://easy-speak.org/viewtopic.php?t=56681 

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

aanchalk

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 11 Apr 14, 15:45    Reply with quote

Seems like a few people received it.

For the users that weren't able to log in, it turns out they had duplicate accounts. Can I email you with the names to merge the accounts?

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 11 Apr 14, 17:43    Reply with quote

I merged two users for T Alberto - but note that this is a a Hotmail account (see above)

Merged two Sergiy Shaula

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

aanchalk

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 11 Apr 14, 17:49    Reply with quote

Thanks!

Also, the user Melrose B. doesn't seem to able to log in. Do you recommend creating a new account?

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 11 Apr 14, 19:05    Reply with quote

That will only cause confusion in future and dig a bigger hole. Duplicate users are always bad news.

Walk them through resetting the password, but make sure the e-mail address is whitelisted first

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

aanchalk

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 23 Apr 14, 18:04    Reply with quote

Hi Malcolm,

we tried everything you suggested. Ultimately Melrose B. had to create a new account. Would you be able to merge the two?

Thanks!

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Agenda email system not working for my club   Posted 23 Apr 14, 18:27    Reply with quote

Merged

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
Page 1 of 1

Jump to