Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Meeting Roles - Speaker

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
leeros

Joined Date: 2011-11-19, 18:09

Post Post subject Meeting Roles - Speaker   Posted 05 Apr 12, 17:20    Reply with quote

We would like our Members to be able to select the speaker role of their choice without the requriement of an approval or confirmation.   I attempted to change the permission for this in the Club Control Panel but when I select 'save', that feature remains unchanged.  Could someone provide the steps to take in order for our Club to enable that capability in Meeting Roles.  We are planning to switch to easy-Speak on Tuesday, April 10, and would like to have this completed before we go live.  Thank you

PaulO

Developer

Joined Date: 2009-07-20, 21:22

Post Post subject Re: Meeting Roles - Speaker   Posted 05 Apr 12, 23:32    Reply with quote

This is not possible in easy-Speak.  

Speakers may provide a preference for a date, but an approved officer or the Toastmaster must make the final allocation.  This is based on our experience of Best Practice around the world.  easy-Speak gives the tools for the VPE and other officers to do a great job - assigning speeches is one of the most important of those roles we feel.

Where Leaders Are Made
Phone: +1 425-605-7707
www.toastmasters.org
www.d2tm.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Skype IDAIM Address
Dave_A

Joined Date: 2012-01-25, 16:07

Post Post subject Re: Meeting Roles - Speaker   Posted 06 Apr 12, 15:49    Reply with quote

How about giving us the option?  Our club has gotten used to being able to just sign right up for a speech, which is also less work for the VPE.

Thanks,

Dave

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Facebook ProfileSkype IDTwitter Account 
leeros

Joined Date: 2011-11-19, 18:09

Post Post subject Re: Meeting Roles - Speaker   Posted 07 Apr 12, 17:07    Reply with quote

That is really unfortunate.  We will continue with Free Toast Host and use easy-Speak as a management tool only.

lorraine.wong.myers

Contributor

Joined Date: 2008-03-22, 06:43

Post Post subject Re: Meeting Roles - Speaker   Posted 11 Apr 12, 10:26    Reply with quote

Leeros,

There is a work around for a member who is not an officer but probably frowned upon some officers and admin.  I have found and inform those fast track members that if the Speaker role is opened as well as the TM, the person can select himself as the TM, put himself as a speaker and then cancel out as TM or keep the role as well as speak.  I know when I was not an officer, that was a big frustration but discovered this work around.  However, your club should have 7 officers who can help members who really want to take that empty slot or the member can call the TM to be added in so you really should try this before giving up on utilizing ES. 

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to