Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Add Divisions and Areas in District Website

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
thecomander1

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2010-07-14, 03:17

Post Post subject Add Divisions and Areas in District Website   Posted 14 Apr 12, 15:28    Reply with quote

Good morning Easy Speak Team,

We are building the District Website, and need to add Divisions, and Areas to the structure in the District website. We currently have a Division missing and many Areas to install in the Structure. Please advise how to install these needed items as we will not be able to properly build a complete website without them in this stage. 

Please advise,

Regards,

Joseph Wilhelmi

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Add Divisions and Areas in District Website   Posted 14 Apr 12, 16:31    Reply with quote

Log in with your 'District admin' priviledges with one of the three users I empowered a couple of days ago and select the Club Control Panel.

In the admin screens listed on the left there are several options including 'Club Setup' - this is a generic name and is used to edit and create new organisational units at every level.
Click on that and you will be taken to an overview screen where you can see all the current units of every type for your District.
The edit buttons on the right of that screen allow you to make changes to a unit and the add button at the bottom allows you to create new ones.

When creating your new Division make sure that you copy from a DIVISION (so that you get a an appropriate set of officers etc).
When adding a club select a similar one and add as 'summary'. (Make them live on easy-Speak club management later when you get the commitment to use it actively.)
Fill in the information that you have, submit it and then review and submit the next screen.
You can leave the subdomain field blank and the system will make its own guess - if you get an error message about the subdomain, use the back button and make your own decision before submitting it again. 

You may leave the geocoordinates blank for anything other than a club - and then review and edit the whole District using the admin screen 'Gmap locations' so that the map presented for an Division or Area covers all the related clubs.
Some experience and mental arithmetic needed there but I find it helpful to have the 'find a club map' open in one tab and fiddle with the settings in another.
Use this tool to get the geocoordinates for the clubs as you add them: http://www.easy-speak.org/locator.html 

Basically, follow the routine that I ran through with Ron, setting up an Area the other day on Skype.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

thecomander1

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: Add Divisions and Areas in District Website   Posted 14 Apr 12, 17:16    Reply with quote

Dear Malcolm,

Did as suggested, used Division B as Template, entered data for Division A, and sub domain d54_division_a and the unit would not create. Checked settings in Division B, and made sure we duplicated substituting division a where necessary. Unsure of what issue that is not allowing A to be created, and we also need to learn this process to add Areas.

Thank you,

Joseph Wilhelmi

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Add Divisions and Areas in District Website   Posted 14 Apr 12, 17:57    Reply with quote

...and the unit would not create.

What was the error message or what happened?

I'm moving house right now so may not be very quick to reply. Try calling me on Skype and I'll talk you through it if I'm near a working PC

I added Division A for you. These are the only fields I entered:

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

thecomander1

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: Add Divisions and Areas in District Website   Posted 14 Apr 12, 20:21    Reply with quote

Dear Malcolm,

Did as suggested in add. Printed out screen shot you sent. One difference is in Club Type. This does not have, in my screen, and access, any Division, or Area selection. In your screen shot I see in Club type Division selected. I do not have those two to select from. I have the generac club types. No Division or Area to select from. This may be an issue, however in contol panel settings, we are set to have complete access during this time.  I tried to add an Area, and it does not take. So if you were to login as me, you would see that I have no settings that allow that population group. Does user ID matter as well?

Thank you and have a safe move. 

Regards,

Joseph Wilhelmi

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Add Divisions and Areas in District Website   Posted 14 Apr 12, 21:06    Reply with quote

The limitation on that was hidden in the darker corners of the programs - and I missed it. Embarassed 

Fixed now, so you should be good-to-go

M

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Add Divisions and Areas in District Website   Posted 14 Apr 12, 21:19    Reply with quote

Further answer...

User_id is the NUMBER associated with the user who will initailly manage the 'club' that you are adding.
It's also used to find the initial data for club administrative e-mail address and meeting e-mail address. 

The field will default to your own user_id, and that's fine for 'summary' level clubs anything outside the club level.
For 'active' clubs you should select the VPE normally if you intend to make the club live for easy-Speak management.
This will mean that all e-mail originates from that person and replies are generally sent back to them.

You can see the user_id if you hover over a link with their name on it. The link will say something like 
https://easy-speak.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=12345 

The u=12345 gives you the user_id.

I'll add a search box to that input field when we issue the next program update

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

thecomander1

easySpeak guru

Post Post subject Re: Add Divisions and Areas in District Website   Posted 15 Apr 12, 00:11    Reply with quote

Dear Malcolm,

Thank you for your help in this matter. We have sucess, All Divsions and Areas are now in the D54 website, and we wil begin population of Office Holders as time for the team allows. We are grateful for your help, and during this move time. God Speed your move and safety. We could possibly have this complete soon. We do have several other questions for add ons, however I will let Ron or Bruce address those when the time comes. 

Gratefully,

Joseph Wilhelmi

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to