Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Get rid of one of the Table Topic Master listings

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
mhw11377

Joined Date: 2012-01-26, 05:22

Post Post subject Get rid of one of the Table Topic Master listings   Posted 30 Apr 12, 03:40    Reply with quote

A big problem for my club is the Sign Up For Roles page. 

I have attached a photo of this page (but I cannot tell if the image thing is working, yet). 

It lists 2 Table Topics Masters, but our meetings always have just one Table Topics Master. Can I take one of these listings off?

I would like to be able to easily manage the roles that are actually listed on this page. 

Thank you, 

Mark

edit ... here is the image ... http://s7.postimage.org/b7a66x8yz/sign_up_for_roles_page.jpg

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Get rid of one of the Table Topic Master listings   Posted 30 Apr 12, 21:56    Reply with quote

Easy - you must have two Table Topics Masters specified in the agenda - so edit the agenda and delete the second one.
You may also have to change the times etc etc on the first one 

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

mhw11377

Joined Date: 2012-01-26, 05:22

Post Post subject Re: Get rid of one of the Table Topic Master listings   Posted 01 May 12, 03:13    Reply with quote

It won't let me delete it because some of my members have chosen it accidentally so there is a history for it now. 

Here is the message I get when I try to delete it ...

http://postimage.org/image/7lhq9ijib/

I would like to keep the history of all the people who have been Table Topics Master, but I need to delete one of them so only one Table Topics Master role will show up. Is there a way I can combine them? 

Thanks, 

Mark

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Get rid of one of the Table Topic Master listings   Posted 01 May 12, 15:56    Reply with quote

Delete it in the AGENDA - it will then no longer be listed as a role.
If someone has accepted it for the next meeting just cancel the assignment and then delete the role in the agenda.

Remember to save the modified agend to replace the template and repeat the change in any future meetings that have already been created with the unwanted role 

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

kentjohn

Joined Date: 2011-10-04, 06:47

Post Post subject Re: Get rid of one of the Table Topic Master listings   Posted 04 Aug 12, 00:06    Reply with quote

I'm 3+ hours into trying to delete a duplicated role on the meeting participation sheet (Timekeeper) and still running around in circles.  Can't delete either of the Timekeeper roles in Role Manager.  One has two participations associated with it (the Timekeeper role), the other has 181 participations (Competition Tiime Keeper).  Tried deleting all future meetings to free up either role - didn't make any difference.  Except I couldn't reassign, eliminate, empty either of the Timekeeper roles for our next meeting.

Any suggestions for what to try next?  Or maybe what to do in what order?

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Get rid of one of the Table Topic Master listings   Posted 04 Aug 12, 07:31    Reply with quote

You need both the Timekeeper and Competition Timekeeper as meeting roles - that's not your problem so just as well the system didn't allow you to delete them.

The problem is that you have a regular Timekeeper in your agenda (line 220 when you go into the agenda edit mode) but you also have a '1st Timekeeper'

1:00  Joke of the Day  1st Timekeeper

I'm not sure how that got there - your Club Control Panel settings for Timekeeper say that the role does not repeat so '!st Timekeeper' would be marked as invalid and reset to 'Timekeeper' if you were to edit that line now.

I did that for you - made no change to the agenda other than open and save the 'Joke of the day' (automatically changed from 1st Timekeeper to Timekeeper) and you now have just one Timekeeper showing on the meeting screen.

Of course, you may want to to assign that line to another functionary if you don't have the Timekeeper telling jokes. 

Here's how to add 'Jokemaster' or similar to the list of meeting roles available to you:
https://easy-speak.org/kb.php?mode=article&k=29 

Here's how to edit the agenda to add that role and say when they take part:
https://easy-speak.org/kb.php?mode=article&k=35 

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to