Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Could you add a new meeting agenda format?

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Dmitrik

Joined Date: 2012-04-08, 01:00

Post Post subject Could you add a new meeting agenda format?   Posted 09 Aug 12, 05:57    Reply with quote

Hello,

We've being using a specific meeting agenda format during the last 3-4 years. This is different from any option ES has currently to offer. This format got crystallized from hundreds of TM meetings and it has the following structure:

Page 1

- Club name

- Date

- Topic

- Times and Events (correspond to the short agenda). No role, presenter, or duration info at this point.

- Meeting roles (Role - Name pairs)

- Prepared speeches (Speaker, manual & speech number - Speech Title - Evaluator name)

- Word of the day, its definition, its usage in a sentence

Page 2

Speech Objectives (Speaker name - Speech title - Objectives - Duration)

This agenda has prooven itself as a very efficient tool in communicating all the relevant meeting information at a glance. The issue is we have to compile it manually every week, so some automation is in order. I believe it will be very useful for other clubs who may choose to adopt it.

Please, let me know the short answer - is it doable? If it's doable I am willing to help with its implementation.

Best, Dmitri

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Could you add a new meeting agenda format?   Posted 09 Aug 12, 09:35    Reply with quote

Yes it's do-able, and not particularly hard but it will take programming time and I can't see that it would fit into the priorities at the moment.

I suggest posting this in the 'System enhancements' forum so it will be considered when we look at future updates

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Dmitrik

Post Post subject Re: Could you add a new meeting agenda format?   Posted 09 Aug 12, 13:55    Reply with quote

Malcolm,

Thank you for the quick reply. Is there any way I could help speeding it up? I am a programmer. What language/platform you use for ES? Even if I can't help personally I'll try finding someone who could.

Best, Dmitri

kitb

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2007-07-17, 00:07

Post Post subject Re: Could you add a new meeting agenda format?   Posted 09 Aug 12, 14:37    Reply with quote

Hi Dimitri,

I'm sure Malcolm would welcome another programmer to the team.

Easy-Speak is a very highly moded version of phpbb, written in (mostly) php.

However, I think you may be looking at this from the wrong direction. ES produces agenda as an output of a very much more significant and valuable process - automation of role/speaking assignment and management of personal development goals.

What to you program in?

Kit.

Dmitrik

Post Post subject Re: Could you add a new meeting agenda format?   Posted 10 Aug 12, 04:38    Reply with quote

Hi Kit,

Currently I code on C++ but in the past I've dons some VB, Pascal, Basic, and some scripting.

It looks like php is mostly scripting. I'd appreciate if you could point at some info on how automation is done on ES.

Best, Dmitri

kitb

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2007-07-17, 00:07

Post Post subject Re: Could you add a new meeting agenda format?   Posted 10 Aug 12, 09:48    Reply with quote

Hi, If you mean operationally how does it work then the best thing to do would be to look at the help pages and videos. If you can't find those I will forward some links. Kit.

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Could you add a new meeting agenda format?   Posted 10 Aug 12, 10:04    Reply with quote

Hi Dmitri,

Do you use Skype? We could have a quick chat about the development team there if you do.
I'm in the UK and on GMT - so 4 hours ahead of you

Malcolm

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to