Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Graphics Help needed for easy-Speak

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Help Wanted
malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Graphics Help needed for easy-Speak   Posted 28 Mar 15, 10:02    Reply with quote

We are looking to for a graphic designer or someone with graphic design skills to help support the conversion of the website to other languages.
The website has lots of small icons used as buttons. These need re-working to allow for alternative language text.

Ideally this should be done as using a vector graphics programme such as Adobe Illustrator to make it easy to add future languages with ease.
Experience with html 5 canvas export would be helpful.

There is no need for language skills - the translation will be provided by each language team.

Anyone who can propose and has experience to generate the icons another way would also be welcome.

Please get in touch with Malcolm Warden
Click here to send me an e-mail or post a reply in the forum

Aldo965

Post Post subject Re: Graphics Help needed for easy-Speak   Posted 30 Mar 15, 06:24    Reply with quote

Hello Malcolm, I'm graphic designer and I will be more than happy to help. I'm experienced in Adobe Suit. and can also help with icon creation or redesign.  Not expericeced with html canvas but can learn quick if you can teach me : ) What is your time frame for this?

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Graphics Help needed for easy-Speak   Posted 30 Mar 15, 09:05    Reply with quote

Thanks Aldo,

I'll ask Kit to get in touch with you to talk detail.

We have one person on the team currently - but that does not give cover for vacation etc or give us the capacity needed when there is a big develpoment in hand to add new features.

The language versions of easy-Speak will go live in May for at least two new languages and maybe more.
Experienced eyes such as your own would also probably think we are in need of some general freshening up of all the presentation so that's another area of opportunity.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

kitb

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2007-07-17, 00:07

Post Post subject Re: Graphics Help needed for easy-Speak   Posted 30 Mar 15, 22:01    Reply with quote

Hi Aldo,

To give us some future proofing we wanted to get away from single layer bitmap graphics, most of which are gifs. The minimum requirement would be multi-layer photoshop but a vector graphic would allow for easier resizing and repurposing I thought.

I believe Adobe Illustrator can export as HTML5 canvas see: http://blog.mikeswanson.com/ai2canvas

A canvas file would allow the website to pull the text and font size from a database table of button terms and render it in the browser.

If you have an alternative approach I am happy to explore that. Fundamentally we need a solution that allows us to easily produce a new set of icons in a new language, idealy without needing the input of graphic artist.

Kit

Support team and developer

StevenTuft

Joined Date: 2014-01-03, 01:00

Post Post subject Re: Graphics Help needed for easy-Speak   Posted 01 Apr 15, 01:35    Reply with quote

Hi Malcolm.

Although I cannot help with this particular area I thought for future crowd sourcing support for easy-speak development, one could add an Easy-Speak support tab to the User Profile to capture some basic info on each users skills or occupation.

Just a thought Smile

Cheers

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » Help Wanted
Page 1 of 1

Jump to