Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

easy-Speak Training

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

[CLOSED]Default web page after log in?

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
fielding

Contributor

Joined Date: 2006-07-20, 19:44

Post Post subject [CLOSED]Default web page after log in?   Posted 01 Sep 08, 04:21    Reply with quote

I would like to be placed at the same web page after every time I log in. More importantly, I want my club members placed at the same web page after they log on, so that the instructions that I give them for where they should go next and what they should do are accurate and simple. I am thinking of something like how a web browser has a home page. Perhaps this could be stored in the user profile and be controlled by the user. Of course, as VP Ed, I would set it up initially to point to the club web page, but they could change it later on to point to, say, the "Next Meeting" web page.

Last edited by fielding on 15 Oct 09, 22:40; edited 1 time in total

bdaniel

Contributor

Joined Date: 2007-07-20, 16:59

Post Post subject Re: Default web page after log in?   Posted 01 Sep 08, 15:28    Reply with quote

Interesting idea in general, although this doesn't make sense for a user who has association with more than one club. Bobby, as an example, I'm a member of the IBM Toronto Lab club, but I'm also associated with Big Blue Speakers as a guest speaker. If I had a dual membership with another club, and they also used Easy-Speak (something I always recommend to the local VP Ed), and both clubs used this, which should win out?

Having said that, a user does choose to associate with a given club at one time, and that choice does seem to be honoured between sessions, so I suppose whichever club was last chosen would be the one whose "home" page was used.

I suppose I'm just pointing out that this scenario is somewhat more complicated than you may have thought it to be. Smile

fielding

Contributor

Joined Date: 2006-07-20, 19:44

Post Post subject Re: Default web page after log in?   Posted 01 Sep 08, 17:25    Reply with quote

Hi Daniel,

No, I don't see it as more complicated as what I thought it to be. I had thought about what you point out, since I too have association with both Quest and the IBM Toronto Lab Toastmasters. My ideas was to have a place in our profile that defines what the default web page is, and each person could set what that is to what they want. Since I am setting up my club from scratch at the moment, I would control the first setting, but after that, each person would be able to change it to be what they want. As it is today, every time I log in, I am at a welcome page and have to navigate to the page that I want.

Bobby

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Default web page after log in?   Posted 02 Nov 08, 13:21    Reply with quote

I think this is now resolved with the upgraded user block which now displays the user profile photo (if they have one) and a link to any clubs that are associated with the user.
The link is to the next meeting for active clubs, otherwise to the club information page.

Malcolm

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » System Enhancements
Page 1 of 1

Jump to