Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

interested in easy-speak - want to connect with a user club

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
johnkirs

Joined Date: 2009-06-09, 04:15

Post Post subject interested in easy-speak - want to connect with a user club   Posted 09 Jun 09, 18:09    Reply with quote

I'm the new president of a 50+ member club in US (New Jersey) and am very interested in getting on board with easy speak. However, there is some resistance from other officers who have concerns about the implementation effort. we currently use a non-web based scheduling tool that does little else, spend far too much effort communicating manually outside of it, have word/excel reporting, etc.

Are there other similar clubs who would be willing to share their stories and success of transition to easy-speak with me?

Thanks, in advance

Fabien

Joined Date: 2008-07-08, 02:50

Post Post subject Re: interested in easy-speak - want to connect with a user c   Posted 12 Jun 09, 03:02    Reply with quote

Hi,
my name is Fabien. We have been using Easy-Speak in Toronto for quite a while and it works great for us. Contact me and I can answer some questions you have

Fabien.

FraserD

Contributor

Joined Date: 2007-02-23, 17:11

Post Post subject Re: interested in easy-speak - want to connect with a user c   Posted 12 Jun 09, 14:58    Reply with quote

Hello,

We also have been using easy-Speak for several years. I would be happy to answer any of your questions.

Cheers,
Fraser
Black Walnut Toastmaster Club

karen

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2007-07-11, 09:54

Post Post subject Re: interested in easy-speak - want to connect with a user c   Posted 24 Jun 09, 18:26    Reply with quote

Hello,
My Club, Victoria, has been using easy-Speak for two years now. We appreciate it so much that we have an urge to promote it to other Clubs in Hong Kong.

Happy to tell you that three Clubs pitched in right away after we introduced it to them in the last three months mainly through joint meetings. Three more Clubs will launch it within a month or two. What's more, I volunteered to be the speaker for the breakout session of the 1st Club Officer Training for the VPEs on coming Sat, 27 Jun. I aim at helping at least 10 Clubs to launch it in 2009/2010.

Have created a demo meeting page for the participants of the "COT for VPE" session. Hope to arouse the interest of the incoming VPEs first before they hear my presentation.
27th Jun 2009
https://easy-speak.org/viewagenda.php?t=5980

Please feel free to take a look.

In my opinion, the following helps.
(1) One-on-one coaching: If someone in your locality is able to show you face-to-face how easy-Speak works, it will greatly shorten your learning curve.
(2) Joint Meeting with a Club using easy-Speak. Appoint someone in your Club who is more computer literate to be the Meeting Manager of that Joiint Meeting. This will help gain some hands-on experience from an experienced user.
(3) Try to obtain members' compliance as high as possible. 50-60% is already good enough as it helps save a lot of time and energy of a VPE. Be conscious how to obtain high compliance of your members.
(4) Even members don't use it actively, just make use of easy-Speak for record-keeping is also wonderful.

Cheers,
Karen
http://victoria.easy-speak.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileTwitter Account 
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to