Everyone in a Toastmasters meeting was once at the level you are now. The environment is friendly and supportive, and the self-paced programme allows you to build confidence with each speaking assignment.
- A typical club has between 20 to 40 members who meet either weekly, biweekly or monthly. An evening meeting normally lasts around 90- 120 minutes.
- There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. Instead, members evaluate one another’s presentations, pointing out the strengths and suggesting improvements. This feedback process is a key part of the program’s success. Members also give impromptu talks on assigned topics, conduct meetings and develop their leadership skills.
We learn through the Toastmasters Pathways learning experience, an exciting, flexible and interactive way to develop your skills and help others in your club develop theirs. Pathways helps you learn communication and leadership skills that you need to succeed. It gives you:
- The opportunity to build up to 300 unique competencies
- 10 specialized learning paths to choose from
- Online content, so that you can learn anytime, anywhere
- Real-world, transferable skills
One thing that you'll love at Toastmasters meetings is the applause. At first you'll be applauded for your effort; later you'll be applauded for your skill.