Each member is expected to confirm if they will attend each meeting at least 1 week in advance, preferably earlier, and to accept/decline any roles they’ve been allocated. If you don’t know if you can attend then decline any roles.
If a club member realises they cannot attend in the week leading up the meeting they should notify that week’s Toastmaster immediately.
As a member of Toastmasters International and our club you take on the Toastmaster’s promise:
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my speech and leadership projects to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the Competent Communication, Advanced Communication or Competent Leadership manuals
- To prepare for and fulfil meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities
You should have received an automated email from firstname.lastname@example.org giving you your username and login. If you can’t find the email please check you junk items. Please login when you get a chance and explore the site.
If you have any difficulties logging in please notify the club IT Support.
If you click the ‘Meetings’ menu dropdown and select ‘Meeting on …… ’ you will see our next meeting agenda.
There are various other ways of getting to the next meeting as shown in screenshot below.
When you are on the meeting page you can confirm if you are attending or not by clicking the thumbs up or thumbs down
And similarly there will be a thumbs up and down beside any role you’ve been allocated for you to accept or decline.
Signing up for multiple meetings
You can access a signup sheet through the ‘My Participation’ menu by clicking ‘Sign Up For Meetings’
You can also access this by clicking button on the My Participation panel on the left.
A signup sheet like below will open where you can view 4 meetings on way page. Through this you can confirm attendance, accept role or request a speech.
Roles are first assigned by the VPE and then any changes required after initial assigning is done by the Toastmaster. Most of the time the auto assign feature in EasySpeak is used to assign roles. This assigns roles based on a complex algorithm to ensure all club members are progressing throguh the roles as they gain experience, that roles are shared fairly and that people aren't repeating roles to often.
If you want to do a specific role to help with your development you can email the VPE to let them know or speak to them after a meeting.
Volunteering for a Role
If a role is vacant 5 days before a meeting members can volunteer for the role. This can happen if someone declines a role. To volunteer for a role click on the vacant presenter role and select your name.
Request a Speech
The VPE will assign speeches 4- 8 weeks in advance ensuring that each club member gets a chance to speak. If you want to progress your speeches faster or slower than a normal rotation then let the VPE know and that will be considered in scheduling.
If you want to do a speech on a particular day and there is a speech slot available you can use the button on the panel on the left.
This same panel allows you to see you speech progress by clicking the ‘view my speech progress’
You can check your speech progress by clicking button. The link below takes you to a chart where you can see how everyone is progressing with their communication manuals.
You can view you progress in the leadership manual by clicking button. Please note that you need to get an experienced toastmaster to sign your competent leadership manual for each project in order for it to count towards achieving the competent leader award. On the meeting agenda it notifies you that a role needs to be completed in your manual by the box that looks like this - see screenshot below.