Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

easy-Speak Training

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Pathways
Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » easy-Speak - how good is it?
sandrews

Joined Date: 2014-07-17, 22:09

Post Post subject Pathways   Posted 09 Sep 16, 22:33    Reply with quote

Beginning in January, Toastmasters will begin rolling out the new Pathways educational program.  It is mutually exclusive of the existing education program of communication and leadership paths.  Here is my concern.

I love Easy-Speak.  It is the best alternative available to Toastmaster clubs IMHO.  It is remarkably supported in ways that corporations would envy.  Kudo's to Malcolm and crew.  However, with the pending changes to our Toastmaster way of life (no changes to meetings), will you adapt?  I want to say to my clubs as an Area Director that all is good and look to Easy-Speak to make life easy.

Sumner

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 10 Sep 16, 10:31    Reply with quote

We have been working on Pathways (was REP) in discussions with Toastmasters International for a couple of years now and have future stategy outlined for the next three to five years.

You are right to be concerned that this is covered, but I'm afraid I cannot disclose any more at this point in time.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

sandrews

Joined Date: 2014-07-17, 22:09

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 10 Sep 16, 19:03    Reply with quote

Malcolm,

You guys are so professional.  That is exactly what was needed to be done.  I am so glad to hear that you are working with the International leadership.  I look forward to your next announcement some time after the January test roll out.

Everyone should know that Malcolm is a true leader.  You probably don't recall it, but I reached out to you several years ago regarding a technical question.  You so politely replied that you were taking your vacation on the Carnaries and referred me to someone else.  Generally, the referant replies that you were on vacation.  Who does that?

Sumner

Comet1

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2013-02-19, 06:47

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 11 Sep 16, 01:19    Reply with quote

Thank you Malcolm for your passion and proactive leadership. We are working on getting more training done in Distrcit 55, so more of our clubs will have their eyes opened up to the valuable tool easy-Speak is.

Gave a speech to our club on Thurs. Will be working with Doug Kelly for another Basics Training on Monday night. Thanks for the report. 

PQD District 55 Toastmasters

VPE
Two Rivers Communicators
Equipping Voices
Top Notch Trainers
VPM
Universal City

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileSkype ID 
mcottrill

Joined Date: 2013-02-22, 01:00

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 30 Sep 16, 18:50    Reply with quote

Thanks Malcolm for pointing me here.  To clarify on the time frame, it sounds like integration is in the future, but not by the initial January rollouts.  Is that accurate?  

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 22 Dec 16, 15:57    Reply with quote

Update:

We are currently on weekly conference calls with TI, have all the data that is available at this time and hope to have the meeting tasks in easy-Speak ready for the first District to go live in February 2017.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

tomm

easy-Speak tester

Joined Date: 2010-12-05, 00:49

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 28 Dec 16, 23:10    Reply with quote

Malcolm,

Thanks for letting us know about Pathways and the future of Easy-Speak. We are grateful for all that you do for Toastmasters.

Tom Marrs, DTM

Metro Division Director

D26 Toastmasters

jayligd

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 05 Feb 17, 22:00    Reply with quote

Hi Malcolm,

It sounds like you are going to be able to update easy-Speak for Pathways on the rollout date to District 57 on February 7th?  It would be great if the Speach requests, at least would be able to reflect the new projects in Pathway.  I wanted to offer support in getting this ready in any way needed.  I'm a District 57 member of an active club that uses easy-Speak.  I'm also a Pathways guide helping to educate clubs on Pathways. I'm also a professional website programmer.  I appreciate the work you have put into easy-Speak and acknowledge the additional work necessary to get it ready for Pathways.  I offer support and help where I can and where you may need it.

All the best,

Jay Ligda

ACS, ALB, Pathways Guide, President Capitol Speakers Toastmaster 2080

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Facebook Profile 
malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 06 Feb 17, 10:20    Reply with quote

@Jay - Thanks for the kind offer, I'll be in touch by e-mail
(It may be a few days since I'm in the Canaries and the connection is not good) 

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 11 Feb 17, 21:47    Reply with quote

**** UPDATE 2017-02-11 *****

I am now able to say a little more about the way easy-Speak will support Clubs in Districts that are live with the new Pathways educational program.

Clubs and members in a District that has completed the initial preparation and training for Pathways now see additional options available to their members.

There are ten additional 'speech manuals' within easy-Speak - one for each of the ten Pathways 'Dynamic Leadership', 'Effective Coaching', 'Innovative Planning' etc
All the speeches that are required to complete all levels of that path will be listed and available for the member to deliver in their club meetings.
A club member will now see additional 'speech manuals' when they select a new manual to work on.
Speech timings and objectives will be populated automatically into the agenda and e-mail,in the same way they would for one of the current manuals.
Speech scheduling remains unchanged - just additional 'manuals' for the member to select
Within easy-Speak, members of these club may be working on the 'old' program, the new Pathways program or both at the same time.
In the current software release, speeches from the Pathways educational program are shown in the club's Communications chart along with 'old program' speech manuals
Members' personal Communications charts are unchanged and list both old and new program

People who are members of clubs in more than one District, where only one District is live with Pathways will only be able to add a new Path when they have in focus a club in the Distict that is live for Pathways.
The complete detail of their progress to date and requested speeches, for both the old and new educational program, will be visible in all clubs where they are a member.

[Edit 2017-09-25]
At present TI have not been able to deliver the full set of speeches, timings, objectives etc for all levels of all Paths in any language other than English.
Anyone who finds that their next Pathways speech is not yet listed in easy-Speak in their language is requested to post full details of all speeches at that level in that Path here and we will add it for them.
Speech Objectives and New Speech Manuals https://easy-speak.org/viewforum.php?f=2615

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

Simonc76

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2015-06-17, 23:11

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 12 Feb 17, 22:23    Reply with quote

Hi Malcolm,

Is this data set being loaded into King Arthur's Playground as well?

Would be nice to see what is on offer in a test bed before the Districts go live.

Simon.

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 13 Feb 17, 06:10    Reply with quote

@Simonc76 - sorry we can't do that while only the pilot Districts are live on Pathways.

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

eamonnjos

Joined Date: 2011-09-24, 20:21

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 24 Feb 17, 10:00    Reply with quote

Hello Malcolm

Do you think the pathways roll out (due to start here in South Africa in October apprently) will be an opportunity to also roll out easy-Speak?  It seems to me that when a club is being forced to change how they operate, they may as well go the whole hog!

I am hoping you can explain a little bit more about the positioning of both systems and how they will interact.  As I understand it:

- easy-Speak will still be the system used to plan meetings and manage meeting agendas

- Pathways will be the system used to record completion of assignments (by the evaluators).  

1. Is my simplisic understanding above correct?

2. There would seem to be some overlap in the two systems, in that the new system tracks members progress, and eS has being doing that under the old system.  Will eS still be needed to track progress towards awards under the new system?  (or will that functionality be depricated)

3. Will there be useful integration between the two systems? (for example if a speech is scheduled in ES, will the evaluator be able to pick it up in Pathways (without the VPE having to double enter it).  Similarly if a project is marked as complete in Pathways, can that reflect automatically in easy-Speak?).  
Essentially, I am wondering if there will be synergies between the two systems (particularly something that avoids double entry).  If there is, it could be a strong argument in favour of clubs going onto eS at the same time as they go onto pathways (something I would like to push for here). 

Thanks

Eamonn

Florian222

Joined Date: 2016-04-20, 14:09

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 02 Mar 17, 17:46    Reply with quote

Thanks for all your amazing work on this Malcolm this is really appreciated!

GPFBT

Post Post subject Re: Pathways   Posted 06 Apr 17, 21:37    Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing me here. We are in District 27 and have been told all new members will start using Pathways immediately. Good to know you are ready for it.

Printer-friendly version
Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » easy-Speak - how good is it?
Page 1 of 4

Jump to