Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

Need to ask a question?

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions?

Help with easy-Speak translation
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
rwbf

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2009-10-06, 05:09

Post Post subject Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 18 Mar 15, 04:49    Reply with quote

Do you notice something that is not translated correctly into your native language? Do you notice something that is not yet translated from English?

You can help improve the translation by creating a new topic (or posting a reply to an existing topic as appropriate) in the appropriate forum for your language:

1. Go to the easy-Speak Discussion Index: Help Options > Discussion Forum
  2. Scroll down to the applicable translation forum, under the "Use of this application" section, for example "Translation - French"
  3. Review the announcement and sticky posts in the forum to make sure you are contributing appropriately
  4. Create a new topic (or post a reply to an existing topic)

Be sure to include enough context so that the editors will be able to locate the text to be translated, such as the URL of the web page, the actual text that you believe needs to be changed, and perhaps a screen shot of the part of the web page where the text appears. As you are a native speaker, please specify the text that you believe you should be seeing.

Become an editor

If you would like to help out even further by becoming part of the editing team, you can post a reply topic to the "Become an editor" sticky forum post in the appropriate language forum. The moderator for that language forum will then contact you about your offer.

Editors work on a separate test system using a separate user account on that system. The tools used to find, change, and verify the text to be translated have evolved over time and will be most comfortably used by people who have worked with and have patience for a software development system.

Request support for another language

Is the language that you would like to see not in the list of supported languages?

The first step to getting a new language supported in easy-Speak is to have available from Toastmasters International at least the Competent Communication manual translated into the target language. If this is not the case, then contact Toastmasters International to find out how this can be done.

The next step is to be willing to step into a leadership role and take the time and effort to help create a team that will work on the translation into your desired target language. If you are willing to do this, please create a reply post to this forum post indicating which langauge you are willing to lead the translation effort for and a site administrator will get back to you with the next step to take.

Thank you for contributing to the enhancement of the language translations of easy-Speak!

rbriones

easy-Speak tester

Joined Date: 2009-08-12, 12:53

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 03 Apr 15, 00:38    Reply with quote

[quote="rwbf"]

Coming soon: How you can join the effort to translate easy-Speak into another language!

[/quote] Hi Malcolm, This is great initiative. In KSA, there are several language clubs chartered for the last few years such as Filipino, Malayalam, Tamil, etc. etc. etc. i think, i also raised this issue then. BTW, please visit our SATAC15 website...www.satac15...perhaps it can give you some hints/idea how it translates the contents of the site. Best regards, Rhic S. Briones Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

rwbf

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2009-10-06, 05:09

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 19 Apr 15, 15:45    Reply with quote

Hi Rhic,

Our priorities are to support the languages where there is a team in place to do the translation (German, French, Chinese (starting)) and then encourage the creation of translation teams for the other languages that TI support (Spanish, Japanese and possible Arabic (but there will need to be a strong demand for us to get into working with a right to left language)).

Then we can look at other languages that TI does not yet sell a CC manual for, like the ones that you list.

Bobby

Belal

Joined Date: 2015-04-04, 21:35

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 19 Nov 15, 13:13    Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to make an Arabic translation please. TMI has already the CC, CL and six ACC manuals translated to Arabic 

Thanks,

Belal Abussonoon

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 21 Nov 15, 20:02    Reply with quote

Hi Belal, thanks for volunteering.

There will be some additional challenges in presenting a language that works right-to-left.

We would, for example, be unlikely to re-organise all the different pieces of information on the screen - so, at best, the translated information would be little islands of Arabic (working RTL) on a screen that is presented LTR.

One of our developers is visiting a club in Doha and will ask there for opinions on how helpful/confusing this would be

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

akanke715

Joined Date: 2013-01-23, 18:33

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 26 Dec 15, 12:42    Reply with quote

It's wonderful to see this important conversation between three of my favorite people.  I know the task of translating Easy-Speak into Arabic may not be easy, but I hope it will be done.  We definitely have a strong team of translators who can help, Malcolm.  What was the outcome of the developer's inquiry when he went to Doha?  

kitb

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2007-07-17, 00:07

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 26 Dec 15, 14:16    Reply with quote

Hi,

I have discussed what the webpages would look like if the English terms were to be translated with a couple of native Arabic speakers.

Without a significant amount of work to make the page work right to left it is their opinion that the way the page would be extreamly difficult to read and would be confusing.

Even for something simple like:

Word of the Day: Definition jovial

would continue to read left to right but the the Arabic words going left to right. I will investigate the issues of making the page work right to left but the whole layout may need to be re-designed to support alternative layouts.

Kit

(I actually live in Doha).

akanke715

Joined Date: 2013-01-23, 18:33

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 26 Dec 15, 14:25    Reply with quote

Hi Kit and thanks for the reply and uppdate. Looking forward to learning about more future progress. 

RitaLu

Joined Date: 2016-03-28, 00:00

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 25 Apr 16, 17:51    Reply with quote

Hello, 
Orginally from Taiwan and Traditional Chinese is my native language. I am a professional translator for 4 years and veteran Toastmaster member for about 10 years. I would like to volunteer to translate the website. Let me know how I can start. Thanks.

Best regards,

Rita Ludwig  

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 25 Apr 16, 18:31    Reply with quote

Thanks Rita, you have the perfect experiences and qualifications.

I'll ask Kit and Karen to get in touch with you

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

karen

easySpeak guru

Joined Date: 2007-07-11, 09:54

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 26 Apr 16, 10:44    Reply with quote

Dear Rita,

Love to team up with you.

Have you seen the current translation status of traditional Chinese?  You may turn to the world icon (on top banner) and choose traditional Chinese (繁體), you will be able to see how it turns out to be.

Here comes some Clubs which are using Chinese version of easy-Speak especially for the online agenda.

e.g. This is the sign-up page for Hong Kong Cantonese Toastmasters Club.  What they use most is the online agenda. Please switch to traditional Chinese first before you view the online agenda.  You can see how far we go in Chinese translation.  The online agenda which is also the agenda to be printed out for distribution at a meeting.

2016-4-19 (sign-up page)

https://easy-speak.org/view_meeting.php?t=173011

2016-4-19 (online agenda)

https://easy-speak.org/viewagenda.php?t=173011&pr=1

Thanks and cheers,
Karen 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail   Facebook ProfileTwitter Account 
Dulaijan

Joined Date: 2007-01-01, 01:00

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 12 May 16, 13:04    Reply with quote

Hello, 

Orginally from Saudi Arabia and Arabic is my native language. I am a translator for more than 9 years and veteran Toastmaster member for about 14 years. I would like to volunteer to translate the website. Let me know how I can start. Thanks.

Best regards,

Abdulaziz A. Dulaijan

Chief Reviwer

Toastmasters International

http://www.toastmasters.org/Resources/Revitalized-Education-Program/Translations/arabic

DoraMaria

Joined Date: 2016-07-28, 01:23

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 10 Aug 16, 16:11    Reply with quote

This is great !

Is Spanish Language Available on this site?

TI has everythign for spanish already but I don't see it here.

I was able to have my agenda in Spanish before ..

I would love to be able to do that from within this system ..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Facebook ProfileTwitter Account 
malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 10 Aug 16, 19:22    Reply with quote

@DoraMaria - Some Spansh manuals are availableto be selected.
If you are able to arrange help with the translation of the site to Spanish, please review the blog posting here:

https://easy-speak.org/portal.php?page=33049&t=189810&tt=127 

Malcolm
easy-Speak Developer
England

GabrielKon

Joined Date: 2016-02-15, 00:00

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 10 Aug 17, 03:43    Reply with quote

Hi, our area would be happy to have at least the meeting agenda translated to portuguese. Is it possible to help to translate only that?

Printer-friendly version
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
easy-Speak Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 2

Jump to